WOC - Fashion Fair Cosmetics Relaunch (2011)

cindypltnm81

Well I made my way to the only Fashion Fair counter anywhere near me, about 45 minutes away.  My overall impression:  underwhelmed.  It's obvious that this counter is not much of a priority for this store, as the testers were messes and several of them were missing.  Having said that, I had a MUA match me in the stick foundation and I ended up being pretty much let down (I went in with really high expectations for it, since I've heard so much positive press lately).  I had a little sinking feeling when the MUA first approached me, because my very first thought upon seeing her was, "I'll bet she's wearing Fashion Fair foundation" because it was orangey and shiny.  Turns out that she was, it was the foundation stick (she was around NC37 or so).  So anyway, I'm NC44 and she started with the shade Tender on one side of my face and then another shade, I think it was Tawny, on the other side.  One was full of orange and the other red, just like the Fashion Fair foundations I've come to know over the years.  At my suggestion, she tried Butterscotch and it was the best match, but it was still off on me, not enough yellow for my skin.  These foundation sticks are also supposed to be smudge-proof and dry to a powder finish and I found that it easily transferred and left a shiny appearance.  I especially wasn't impressed enough to buy one for $28. I went on to look at the blushes, having remembered how fond I was of Chocolate Chip back in the day.  I do find many of the blushes to be pretty, and I was prepared to purchase one in Chocolate Chip but, alas, they were sold out.  The few (9) eyeshadows in the line were nothing to write home about IMO, especially compared to what other lines have and are doing in that regard.  They only have 7 lip gloss colors (Lip Teasers), and 3 of those testers were missing, but I did try and purchased one in Tantalize.  Again, at $17 a pop, and after having worn it for a couple of hours now, it's just okay.  There's not much of a consistency or opacity.  I wouldn't purchase any more of these.  There are several lipsticks in the line, but I wasn't interested in lipsticks, so those just got a cursory glance over from me. The only thing I could see myself buying from Fashion Fair at this point would be blush.  I may go ahead and purchase the one I wanted online, but the rest of the line was completely "meh" for me.
I just purchased chocolate chip several weeks ago and I ADORE it for all women, especially WOC. I'm not sure (have yet to venture the brand) about the other products but I plan to get a few more of their bushes. So far I'm impressed with pigmentation and quality of the one bush I have by FF.

Jill1228

I've always loved their chocolate raspberry lipstick. The closest FF counter is in Waterloo, IA--50 miles away. And I live in the second largest city in the state (Cedar Rapids) Closest MAC counter in 2 hours away in Des Moines :rants: