WOC-Heatherette Overview

Face2Mac

I agree with Isperry. I had to add Fertile to Cassette to just to get it to blend and I faded as the day went on. I love the pink which I layered over Apricot Pink pg. to make sure it would show up.

What is a good dupe for V.I.P. the pink in trio 2 (people keep saying it is dupeable not i have yet to see with what color?)

This Is Mine

I ended up getting
2 Style Minx l/g
Hollywood Nights l/s
Lollipop Loving l/s
Sock hop l/g
Melrose Mood
Starlet Kiss l/s
Smooth Harmony b/p
Trio 1
She's Good lashes
She's Bad lashes
I already had pink pearl pigment

braidey

Did Lollipop loving and Starlett Kiss look good on any dark skinned ladies? I am a NW45 and I could not get those two to look good to save my life. Sock hop really did not show up pretty on my dark lips.

drebaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I agree with Isperry. I had to add Fertile to Cassette to just to get it to blend and I faded as the day went on. I love the pink which I layered over Apricot Pink pg. to make sure it would show up.

What is a good dupe for V.I.P. the pink in trio 2 (people keep saying it is dupeable not i have yet to see with what color?)

on temptalia's site she mentions da bling or living pink as close colours for v.i.p.

Tashona Helena

^ I was going to get a beauty powder but the MUA advised me it didn't do much for our skin (lol she was a sistah too). I tried swatching both of them and they just wouldn't go.
ssad.gif
So that's probably why there's a lack of pictures of WOC wearing the BPs. I know there are a few girls on here who purchased them though, saying it makes their skin a bit more glowier (smooth harmony, mainly).

drebaby

i broke down and got trio 1 and bonus beat. i already had the pencils in the black/blue and brown/bronze, i dont need anything else from the collection (i think).

lovely333

I bought trio 2, bonus beat, the purple pencil fab orchid I think, smooth harmony, style minx and hollywood nights. I like everything except the style minx and holywood nights. I look like a street walker. I think I'll stick to the muted colors. The BP added a slight glow not real obvious but enough.

Kaycee37

I'm NC 45 and I purchased two Alpha Girl beauty powders. I have had smooth harmony before (Diana Ross launch), and though it "perfected" your complexion and looked good!. I tended to over perfect with it,(lol), and it acted a lot like Studio Fix powdered foundation. Heavy! It also darkned my foundation. With the Alpha Girl, I can acheive a fresh, glowy look which has been hard to create for me in the past. Not too shiny, not apppearing too dewey! Oily skin girls like myself hate shine. This is a brightner in a since..a clean highlighter. I'm gonna "rock this to death" this summer. (lol)

I also purchased two nighthawk pencils, this is really gonna be useful this summer. Creating bronzy and gold looks!
thmbup.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
what lip pencils are you wearing with hollywood nights and style minx

Velvetella Cremestick liner - Works best on my lips. I line with this and sheer it out somewhat and apply a sheer amount of Hollywood Nights and finish with Style Minx. My lips look sooo gorgeous.

2nd choice is Vino Lip Pencil. I apply the same as above.

I, also, tried mahogany and chestnut lipliners. They did not give me the same look.

Quote:
I like everything except the style minx and holywood nights. I look like a street walker. I think I'll stick to the muted colors. The BP added a slight glow not real obvious but enough.

I know what you mean about SM and HN making you look like a street walker. I went Saturday to the local MAC counter for a demo and she did not apply any lip-liner on my lips before applying SM and HN and when I looked in the mirror, I almost screamed. What a ghastly sight! She had applied both products to the very edge of my lips and they looked twice their size and made me look like I should go home and put on some Daisy-Dukes and 6” heels….LOL! I wiped it off, asked for velvetella cremestick and created perfection.

When applied properly, SM and HN are two gorgeous colors alone or together…..

I’m NW45 with large, pigmented top lip and pink lower lip.

babiid0llox

Thankyou so much for posting this thread! I'm in Australia and I'm pretty sure Heatherette STILL hasn't been released yet so can't get in to a store and physically see or try on the range. This helps me heaps in knowing what to buy online
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

lovely333

Thanks lsperry I'm a Nc50 and I bought hn and sm because I have seen many women of color wear it and look beautiful. I guess i just needed some tips on how to allpy it. I know it will look great if I can get the technique down. Besides I need some color in my life!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Are any ladies NC45 or darker using Alpha Girl beauty powder?

Yes; as an undereye highlighter, soft brow-bone highlight and if I've used a heavy-hand with a pigmented blush. It is too light for my NW45 skin to use as an all-over face powder; I use Smooth Harmony for this. It reminds of Hullabaloo highlight powder; but slightly darker.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Yes; as an undereye highlighter, soft brow-bone highlight and if I've used a heavy-hand with a pigmented blush. It is too light for my NW45 skin to use as an all-over face powder; I use Smooth Harmony for this. It reminds of Hullabaloo highlight powder; but slightly darker.

Thank you. I wanted to know how it would look as a cheek highlight, or perhaps on top of a blush. From what you've said I think it would work.

Shadowy Lady

I got Lollipop Lovin, Sock Hop (love this combo) and Alpha girl B/P. Alpha girl has become my everyday highlighter, I just looooove it. Looks kinda peachy on my cheeks. I'm NC35 btw...

neezer

Quote:
what lip pencils are you wearing with hollywood nights and style minx

I wear Vino, Currant....i love the both of them..but esp wearing style Minx seperate with a pencil because you can create so much!

neezer

anyways with Heatherette i had everything just about except the duo pencils...the lipsticks are wonderful and the lipglosses too Sock Hop and Style Minx are top tens...and the pigments too but im good on this 3d Silver lol