WOC: Hey, Sailor!

aradhana

I don't think I'll be getting anything from this collection. To Catch A Sailor lipstick keeps trying to call my name but I'm ignoring it. LOL! I found a really pretty tutorial on youtube using some of the products and I pretty much have things already to create this look with the standout being Old Gold Pigment. Check it out. Really pretty.

I certainly hope she doesn't mind me using her vid.
thanks for posting the video! i'm kind of intrigued by snob now too....

Copperhead

i like how FF looks glowy on you...i guess the tres cheek blushes are like that for me too, where i have to build them up...but to be n=honest i prefer that, because i can be heavy-handed with super soft pigmented blushes...and then it just stresses me out! LOL...anyway, totally looking forward to FF! i think after seeing people's swatches, crew seems more skippable than some of the other items in this collection.
I've been thinking about getting Snob for a long time now. I'm seriously thinking about doing a Back-To-MAC for it now.

aradhana

I've been thinking about getting Snob for a long time now. I'm seriously thinking about doing a Back-To-MAC for it now.
do you reckon she was wearing the matching lipglass too?
i want to b to m for both...LOL...
must...hold..back...

Copperhead

do you reckon she was wearing the matching lipglass too?
i want to b to m for both...LOL...
must...hold..back...
That's a good question. She didn't really say. I see something clear on the back of her hand so it may just be clear lipgloss.

bobbiedoll03

This just made me want Snob l/s and FF blush...hm....
I don't think I'll be getting anything from this collection. To Catch A Sailor lipstick keeps trying to call my name but I'm ignoring it. LOL! I found a really pretty tutorial on youtube using some of the products and I pretty much have things already to create this look with the standout being Old Gold Pigment. Check it out. Really pretty.

I certainly hope she doesn't mind me using her vid.

Copperhead

This just made me want Snob l/s and FF blush...hm....
Yeah, that FF blush is starting to call my name too. I didn't think I was interested by I kind of am now.
sigh.gif

bobbiedoll03

Yeah, that FF blush is starting to call my name too. I didn't think I was interested by I kind of am now.
sigh.gif
I know. I was planning to completely ignore this collection...but now I am going to have go get this blush and the I am sure I will be sucked into something. I am hoping to b2m for snob though if they have it in stock.

NitaNinja

i like how FF looks glowy on you...i guess the tres cheek blushes are like that for me too, where i have to build them up...but to be n=honest i prefer that, because i can be heavy-handed with super soft pigmented blushes...and then it just stresses me out! LOL...anyway, totally looking forward to FF! i think after seeing people's swatches, crew seems more skippable than some of the other items in this collection.
Thanks, i really do like this blush. ive been wearing it everyday since i got it, i think you'll enjoy it too.

and i was also thinking about snob. i got the lipglass for now and plan to get the lipstick later. i always thought it would be similar to st.germain but i was so wrong.

misha5150

I got my Hey, Sailor stuff yesterday and I love everything that I got!! Riviera Life and Send Me Sailing are sickingly pigmented!! SMS is my first red lipglass and I can't wait to wear it over my other red lippies. Fleet Fast is very pretty and buildable. I have to layer at least 2 layers for it to show but I like the slight golden sheen it has. I didn't get any lippies or eyeshadows or liners. I do plan on picking up the Gone Sailing tote and Blessedly Rich l/g since RR and SMS blew my socks off!!
th_DANCE.gif

luvlydee

I posted this in the mac collections forum but ill post it here also... i finally got my stuff.  Crew, To Catch A Sailor, and the 167sh brush.   Crew- Omg Love this stuff. I'm nc44/45 and this thing is awesome.  I swirled it around with my 109 brush and applied it above my cheekbones.  Very nice glow.   To Catch A sailor - meh, not a big fan of it on myself.  It looks like pewter type color on me. I wish it looked on me how it looked on pinkdollface but of course our skintones and lip colors are different.  I'm keeping it just because I collect Mac special packaging lipsticks.    167sh - a bit stiffer than i thought it would be but its still is good. Haven't tried it with my msf natural but I can already tell ill like it better my 182 brush.

bobbiedoll03

I just saw a swatch of Sail La Vie next to Hibiscus lipstick from the surf usa collection.

If i already have hibiscus do I need sail la vie? Are they different on the lips. (for anyone that has tried both)

Richelle83

I just saw a swatch of Sail La Vie next to Hibiscus lipstick from the surf usa collection.

If i already have hibiscus do I need sail la vie? Are they different on the lips. (for anyone that has tried both)
I'd say yes but you have to really like how a straight up orange looks on you. Do you have any orangey red lipsticks like Scarlet Ibis or So Chaud/Lady Bug?

bobbiedoll03

I'd say yes but you have to really like how a straight up orange looks on you. Do you have any orangey red lipsticks like Scarlet Ibis or So Chaud/Lady Bug?
I love orange lips...I wear MUFE 40 the most though. I went ahead and picked up sail la vie and thats it! Nothing else caught my eye at all...which surprised me.

kimbunney

So I went to check the collection out in person. I put Red Racer on to ease my mind and realized I didn't need it. It was nice but I realize I have a red like this already. I did enjoy TCAS, but ended up passing because it wasn't special enough to buy. I did end up liking Crystal Ava. I really do enjoy repromotes from permanant products because I would have never known possibly what a lovely color it is. So my final haul was Jaunty, Crystal and Feeling Fresh e/s. Sea Mist tint and Fleet Fast blush.

Richelle83

So I went to check the collection out in person. I put Red Racer on to ease my mind and realized I didn't need it. It was nice but I realize I have a red like this already. I did enjoy TCAS, but ended up passing because it wasn't special enough to buy. I did end up liking Crystal Ava. I really do enjoy repromotes from permanant products because I would have never known possibly what a lovely color it is. So my final haul was Jaunty, Crystal and Feeling Fresh e/s. Sea Mist tint and Fleet Fast blush.
Which lipstick is like RR? Also are you going to do a vid on the haul, sorry for all the questions lol.