WOC: Holiday 08 Adoring Carmine/Passions of Red/Little Darlings etc. Thoughts/Hauls?

damsel

what is everyone getting from the upcoming holiday collections? any thoughts on the products in regards to woc? let's discuss.
mac_haul.gif

Adoring Carmine = lip bags + brush sets
Passions of Red = eye + lip palettes
Passionately Red = Viva Glam lip palettes
Little Darlings = pigment + lipglass/lustreglass + eyeliner sets
Enchanting Vermillion Fashion Eye Kit = bag with lashes, fluidline, mascara, glitter and eyeliner brush

TISH1124

I hope it lasts...But as of right now I am not really lusting after anything. But I'm sure it will change once I see them in person...But hopefully not.

DominicanBarbie

Adoring Carmine= I think I want the rose lips and the nude lips.
Passions of red =smokey eye palette def!
Lilttle darlings=2 lipgloss sets in coral and in nude
Hopefully I can just buy these few items. I really want to save up for Hello Kitty in FEB.I just love holiday collections.It gives us a chance to try several different colors without crashing the bank.

benzito_714

NADA! and yes I am so excited. i did want to pick up some dazzleglasses but they did not get me like i thought they would.

spectrolite

Adoring Carmine - I might get either the Red lip set or the Rose.

That is pretty much it! I'm really not that excited at the moment so I will have to wait and see if the Christmas frenzy changes my mind.

seymone25

My List:

Face and Eye brush set
Cool lips Viva Glam
Smokey Eyes & Warm Eyes Palette
Plum Lip Palette

goldensunsetfl

I've already preordered the basic brush set and eye brush set from the Carmine collection, but I'm still debating on whether to purchase the Little Darlings set (I never tried mac lip products before). Perhaps once I see the colors at the store, I will make up my mind then (the neutral set looks pretty). As for the Enchanting Vermillion collection, it seems like a good deal, b/c I can finally try out some fake lashes as well as the fluidline. Ahhh decisions, decisions lol.

lushious_lips

Adoring Carmine = 2 brush set & 2 lip sets ( rose & red)
Passions of red = warm eyes,cool eyes, plum and cool lips
Little darlings = 1 lip gloss set (pink)

damsel

as of right now i'm only interested in the smokey eye palette [i've been wanting one of these since forever, the one from last year was not pigmented enough] and the 3 rose lips bag [i lurve pinks and colors are to die for].

i may check out the warm eyes palette and the 3 neutral lips bag. they would have to be really fantastic in real life for me to get them. at $38 & $35 a pop these things add up. i'm skipping the brush sets because i have all of the ones from last year.

my strategy is to get everything i really want right now then wait for everything to show up at the cco in a few months. cause believe me, they will show up. i've seen a number of the palettes, brush sets, lip bags, pigments, liners etc. from last holiday at my cco. in fact, they are still there now. with the way the economy is now i highly doubt these will set out, well not in my state at least.

Shadowy Lady

^^ lucky you, we don't have CCO's here so I gotta buy what I want.

Luckily I only want the face brush set and maybe the rose lips. I don't generally like palettes though so it's an easy pass for me on these collections.

GoldenGirl

I'm pretty sure I'll pick up the eye brush set and am still thinking on the face brush set. Other than that.. nothing's grabbing me.

NewlyMACd

I want the smokey palette and the entire Little Darlings set. I am just getting into the Mac frenzy so I figured this is a great way to get to try quite a bit in smaller sizes. I figured this would hold me off for a good while. Here's hoping. Then of course I'll be wanting the next collection to follow it.

Ebonyone

Adoring Carmine = nada, got them all. Even though I'd like to get the mini 187, I have multiples of the other brushes.
Passions of Red and Passionately Red = nada. Yeah!
Little Darlings = This is where it gets rough. I want the warm pigment + at least if not all of the lipglass/lust reglass + eyeliner set
Enchanting Vermillion Fashion Eye Kit = nada

I wish I was in an area where things didn't sell out, but you can actually find yourself going from store to store on the second day of release because certain items sell out day 1, especially sets.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
as of right now i'm only interested in the smokey eye palette [i've been wanting one of these since forever, the one from last year was not pigmented enough] and the 3 rose lips bag [i lurve pinks and colors are to die for].

i may check out the warm eyes palette and the 3 neutral lips bag. they would have to be really fantastic in real life for me to get them. at $38 & $35 a pop these things add up. i'm skipping the brush sets because i have all of the ones from last year.

my strategy is to get everything i really want right now then wait for everything to show up at the cco in a few months. cause believe me, they will show up. i've seen a number of the palettes, brush sets, lip bags, pigments, liners etc. from last holiday at my cco. in fact, they are still there now. with the way the economy is now i highly doubt these will set out, well not in my state at least.

I agree. Great strategy. Plan on doing the same thing.

I'm getting the warm, cool and smokey eyes palettes now. I'm banking on the lip bags/palettes, brush, pigment, pencil and lg sets all being at the CCO in 2 - 3 months. The CCO I go to still has last year's sets there. (And besides, I have all of the pigments)

I'm no longer excited about the brush sets. But I may be interested in paying $35 (CCO price) for them instead of $49.50 now.

SassyMochaJess

The face brushes... also quick question is it true the quality of the brushes aren't as good as the reg. big brushes? Is it still a good deal?

All three lipsets from Little Darlings and if possible the warm and cool pigments... that's all