WOC: Holiday 08 Adoring Carmine/Passions of Red/Little Darlings etc. Thoughts/Hauls?

lovely333

I got the warm eye pallete but I'm not loving it. I love neutrals but not this palette. There isn't anything really special about it. It needs to go back. MAC hasn't been wowing me lately.

Twinkle_Twinkle

The palettes are always a yawn for me although the Warm Eyes Palette looks really nice. But the burgundy color looks like Sketch, and the other shades look dupeable as well. I think that's usually the case for the palettes. There is always one color that stands out to me, but the rest aren't worth $38.

The MES didn't do much for me either. The combos are cool, but the colors aren't anything we haven't seen in the traditional shadow perm. line.

I did get all 3 brush sets at Nordstrom, and GASP, I LIKE them! I don't understand why everyone is ragging on them. They are really decent. Not the same quality as the full sized brushes, but really decent, and the softness issues can be overcome by a little conditioner on the brushes after washing. I've worked with much worse. And for those of you with only 5 brushes from ELF and the drugstore, I would go ahead and get them if you are thinking about it, especially from Nordstrom at $14.50 cheaper than the MAC stores and counters.

chirufus

Cool eyes
brush set with 129-219-239-266-316
plum lip pallet

I hope that I can buy them tomorrow. If not... I will drive to Germany on Thursday.

I just started (July 2008) and I think and hope
001_unsure.gif
that it is a good way to set up a collection.

chirufus

Cool eyes
brush set with 129-219-239-266-316
plum lip pallet

I hope that I can buy them tomorrow. If not... I will drive to Germany on Thursday.

I just started (July 2008) and I think and hope
001_unsure.gif
that it is a good way to set up a collection.

Cocopuff

I along with most was not too pressed about the HOLIDAY collection, but these are the things that I have gotten:

Red She Said = ALL the MES trio's, ALL the Dazzleglasses, & Pomposity lipstick
Adoring Carmine = nothing! got all the brush bags from last year
Passions of Red = BBBOOOOOOOO!!!! hated it!
Passionately Red = nope...still got the 6 palette from 2 yrs ago
Little Darlings = Coral, Pink, & Neutral (got today, still need to play with it)
Enchanting Vermillion Fashion Eye Kit = not interested
Sheer Minerals = Petticoat & 181 Small Buffer Brush/ MSF-Natural in Deep Dark

I think my next purchase will be Love Joy & Nuance Mineralize Blush and the new Dazzle Lash.

BUT as with everyone else I am putting my wallet on restriction and not allow for it to come off till Hello Kitty!!!!

Ok...well not I will not lie. I am going to take a peek at the other collections between now and HK!
mac_addict.gif

kittykit

I got the face brush set from Adoring Carmine. Am thinking of getting the Red Lips. I haven't really decided what to get for Red She Said. I'm for sure getting either Crazeee or 'Red' She Said.

msalecia

I am so new to this, please pardon the naivety... Is CCO the cosmetic counter in the department stores? If thats so I got my face brush set at Nordstrom for a lot lower. I also got the warm palette and a dazzleglass.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalecia
I am so new to this, please pardon the naivety... Is CCO the cosmetic counter in the department stores? If thats so I got my face brush set at Nordstrom for a lot lower. I also got the warm palette and a dazzleglass.

A CCO is a Cosmetics Company Store. They are located in outlet malls, typically. It's where Estee Lauder brands are sold at a discount.

I just ordered two of the brush sets online from Nordstom... I'll pick up on Friday.

l1onqueen

At first I wanted the little darling nude lip set, but then though about how much of the holiday stuff was (and still is) at my local CCO. I'll just wait, after all HK is coming.

NewlyMACd

I got the pigment sets yesterday.
mac_haul.gif
I am glad I did. They are small yet big enough for me. I will have to play around with them. I may go back next week to get some l/g sets. But if they are really really tiny then I may pass on them. In fact, I think I will. I did take the idea from another specktralite and used the top of the box to put my brushes in.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I really wish they would have a deeper, richer red lipstick. Their collections tend to have reds that are too light for my skin.

iadoremac

The Red SheSaid collection just came out in the U.k I got 2 of the eyeshadow trios in Danger Zone and Inter-view and I got 2 dazzle glasses in Miss Dynamite and Love Alert. The little darlings are not out yet but I plan on getting the nude lip,the two pigment sets and the eyeliners.

chocolatethai

i'm excited this is my first post! i just bought the lippies in the coral set and the cool pigments, i'm loving them both right now

Rouaa

I really have to have the coral lips set. And Crazee plus Red She said l/s!

Hope I can get them as soon as I get my gift cards for my b-day!

Scorpdva

I already purchased pomposity, red she said, date night and inter-view e/s. I can't resist the red color of those brushes even though I have the gold set from last year.

damsel

i'm having a serious lemming for the cool eyes palette idk if i can wait for it hit the cco. must. resist.

CantAffordMAC

miss dynamite dazzleglass
stark naked
quiet please lipstick
cool and warm pigment sets
coral and neutral lipglass sets
rose lip bag

I think thats it from the holidays
greengrin.gif
Im NW35

X4biddenxLustX

I got both pigment sets, the coral l/g set, and the smokey eye palette.

I'm still wanting the neutral l/g set, wonder if its been sold out yet at my counter? They still had quite a bit of stuff last time I was there from the holiday collections.