WOC Holy Grail/ Favorite Drugstore Products

Smf16

I have seen some other HG/ Favorites threads but I am really wondering about favorite drugstore products for women of color. I think it helps us to know what other women of our complexions are finding that works good. Sometimes it is hard to find those drugstore gems...
smiles.gif

Well my favorites are my NYC lipstick in Mocha, Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Toffee Tango, Revlon Voluminous Mascara Carbon Black, and more recently loving Maybellines Falsies mascara in Black <3....

**This thread is for anyone that wants to post as some products are not only color specific (ex: mascara).

Please post I would love to see everyones favorites! Thanks

Notorious19

Mine are Revlon Color Stay Foundation and Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara! also love Loreal Liner Intense in Carbon Black.

SoSoSteph

Boots No7 Matte Primer
Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
Revlon makeup brushes (specifically the crease brush)
Wet and Wild Gel liner

aziajs

Not soo much WOC specific but...

L'Oreal Cream Eyeliner
Maybelline Falsies
Prestige Total Intensity
L'Oreal True Match Powder & Compact Makeup

sss215

I like Maybeline Falsies also. Maybeline Great Lash is a favorite.
Pretty much all the Loreal HIP shadows. I love the color range.

HeavenLeiBlu

My choices aren't really WOC specific, but I have lots of faves. I'll start with the non color specific items:

Fantasia IC Hair Polisher styling gel ( I still like the regular one, but the olive one has become my preference... obviously, this is a hair product but I couldn't resist throwing it in)

CVS Eye Makeup Remover

Alba Sea Moss Moisturizer SPF 15

Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

L'Oreal Decrease ( I can def live without UDPP now... in fact, I have misplaced my decrease and I'm pissed about having to use the udpp, LOL)

L'Oreal Telescopic mascara

Maybelline Lash Stiletto (original formula/brush)

L'Oreal Lineur Intense

Monistat Intensive Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel (as a primer)

Clean & Clear foaming facial cleanser sensitive skin

Essence of Beauty crease brush duo

Revlon Contour shadow brush ( gifted to me by MsChrys79, OMG girl I'm in love with this brush!!!!! Thanks again!)

Now for the other stuff!

L'Oreal HIP Brilliant Shine Lipgloss in Dreamer, Adoring, and Pixie (Pixie is my absolute fave! I got them all before they were discontinued but I'm sure all the colors can be found on ebay).

L'Oreal HIP duos in Showy, Roaring, and Reckless

L'Oreal Cream liners in Blue and Teal

L'Oreal nail polish in Plum Attraction

Sinful Colors nail polishes in Courtney Orange and Gorgeous

Sally Hansen SalonNail Lacquer in Navy Baby

Milani lip pencil in Chocolate Milk

Milani Easybrow in Dark Brown

Milani blush in Mai Tai

Milani Runway Eyes palette in Trendsetter

Milani Easyliner for lips in Most Natural

Jordana Quickliner for lips in Mauvy, Chocolate Cherry, and Sugar Plum

Wet n' Wild Ultimate Brow Kit in Ash Brown

Wet n' Wild Megaliner Liquid Liner in Turquoise

Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Jungle Green

Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in Black Bean and Milk

Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer in Q120 Ebony Bronze

***Bonus Beauty Supply Store Picks***
(I didn't include these above because I can't find these in drugstores, but they don't count as prestige cosmetics)

Absolute eyebrow definer pencils (I prefer Black Brown)

NK HD eyeshadows in 3006 (a shimmery blue, comparable to Parrot and the lighter side L'oreal HIP's Showy duo), 3020 ( Freshwater and Deep Truth's baby), 3037 (Carbon), 3021 (Black Tied), 3039 ( Bright Fuchsia pigment), 3005 ( Heritage Rouge Pigment), 3031 ( very close to Beautiful Iris)

L.A. Girl lipliners in Deepest Purple ( Currant!!!!) and Sexy Red

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu

CVS Eye Makeup Remover

Really?? I've been looking at other eye makeup removers lately, though I'll always love my tried and true Neutrogena Oil-Free. I recently got ganked by Rimmel's great big, 7.5 ounce bottle of JUNK. It was like using plain water, I hurried and took that mess back! I'll have to try the CVS brand, then.

I have to chime in from the "Amen corner" on these picks of yours:
yes.gif

L'Oreal Telescopic mascara

Essence of Beauty crease brush duo

Sinful Colors nail polishes... PERIOD! They've got some great colors and wear well, at least on me!

Smf16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu

NK HD eyeshadows in 3006 (a shimmery blue, comparable to Parrot and the lighter side L'oreal HIP's Showy duo), 3020 ( Freshwater and Deep Truth's baby), 3037 (Carbon), 3021 (Black Tied), 3039 ( Bright Fuchsia pigment), 3005 ( Heritage Rouge Pigment), 3031 ( very close to Beautiful Iris)

Oh yes I have recently discovered these NK eyeshadows at my beauty supply! They are definitely nice and pigmented! I am going to have to try these colors too
smiles.gif

jujubot

Many of my favorite items have been mentioned:

-L'oreal Telescopic Mascara

-L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

-Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof when I want full lashes but not as dramatic as L'oreal Voluminous

-Ecotools brushes, especially the retractable kabuki. I carry it in my purse.

-L'oreal jelly balms, especially Delectable and Succulent

-NYX jumbo eye pencils

-Wet n' Wild eye shadows

sss215

Adding cover girl lash blast length waterproof to the mix. The brush is what makes this product fabulous! My lashes separate with ease and there is no clumping. The slender, plastic brush on this product looks really similar to MAC's studio fix mascara... Acts the same too.

La Dolce Diva

Maybelline Eye Pencils (the red ones that come 2 in pack)- I use these for brows exclusively ...even to work at MAC lol
Maybelline Mineral Pressed Powder in Dark (just as good as Mineralize Skinfinish if you ask me, and the color is great for women of all hues)
L'oreal Lipsticks...I usually get the ones without shimmer. The texture is similar to MAC Lustres and they smell yummy, too
Black Radiance Mosaic Bronzer- this thing is the bomb!!!! I use it in rotation with my high-end bronzers and I prefer this when I want a soft, non-glitterbomby look

HTH!

PS- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner...I'd never use Blacktrack again!!!! It's thicker, more pigmented, and just luxurious!!!!!!

Goat Goat Etc.

Milani Liquif' Eye Eye Pencils in BLACK, Silver, Gold, and Aqua! These stay for hours and will not move!
Milani Infinite Liquid Liner in Black and Blue (also will not move)!
Lash Stiletto W/P and Professional All In One (pink) generic Cover girl Mascara.
Pampers (or something soft along that quality) Baby Wipes
Sonia Kashuk lip brush and shaped blending brush (both for lining and smudging).
Those Wet 'N' Wild Color Icon Palettes that are making millions crazy from their shear dupe-tastic powers!
NYX e/s in white, black, Hawaiian coffee, deep space, cottage cheese, sensual, morocco, and golden amber.
NYX l/g in barbie/dolly pink, plush red, gold, desert, dream, and African queen.
(Cheapy Dazzleglasses) Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Gloss in Movie Star (blue), Fashion Diva (hot pink), Starshine (baby pink) and the 4 others I don't have for sure.

For sure in the UK: Barry M Dazzle Dusts and lipsticks! Got my hands on some!
DD is Cherry, Burgundy Noir, Bright Indigo, Petrol Black, Winter Berry, and Midnight.
L/s in Black.