WOC - Love That Look

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I got:

Rated R
Glamour Check (LOVE this)
Strike a Pose
Style Snob (looks the same as friggin Satin Taupe. It's a teeny bit lighter lighter and the difference barely noticeable. I didn't need to buy this!)
Rave
Black Russian

Swatches are on the swatch forum & on my blog, along with a FOTD using Glamour Check.

The glitter doesn't show up on my waterline from Black Russian and I'm assuming Rave will be the same so I'm disappointed about that. The staying power is pretty impressive though.

Going back to get Unbasic White as I don't have a white e/s. Kicking myself for not buying it on Friday.

The reflective/metallic glitter in Rave actually does show up. Also in Fly By Blu, it's only in Molasses and Black Russian that you don't see it as much. Not trying to convince you to buy it or anything, just saying...

lilMAClady

I got Rated R, which is super pretty! And I ordered One-Off and Grand Entrance. I can't wait to get these two! I don't have many greens and people kept raving about it so I caved! I'm lacking in light neutrals as well and in photos (just like last year) Grand Entance always looks so reflective and shiny so I nabbed it too. I think it will be a nice neutral lid color. If not I've got a great highlighter!

VAQTPIE

I got:
Glamour Check (go get it...if you don't have it!)
Dreammaker
Fashion Groupie

Our local store and counters are sold out of Rated R...so maybe I'll find it somewhere
ssad.gif

I'm going back for the Molasses Pearl Glide Liner. I'd love to try a look with Molasses as a base and Glamour Check on top!

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
The reflective/metallic glitter in Rave actually does show up. Also in Fly By Blu, it's only in Molasses and Black Russian that you don't see it as much. Not trying to convince you to buy it or anything, just saying...

LOL don't tempt me!

GlamQueen21

Style Snob is the best eyeshadow to wear everyday! I'm now lemming on Rated R, Fashion Groupie, Glamour Check, Grand Entrance and Unbasic White.

TISH1124

Well in all honesty...I would get Rated R wherever I could find it at this time quickly...I tried getting it off Macy's website for a friend and it came back SoldOut

elongreach

My friend and I were debating about Rated R a few weeks ago. If I knew it was going to be such a hot color, I would have gotten it.

DILLIGAF

I got the last Rated R at Nordstroms...This was after Macy's Bloomies AND the MAC store in Aventura was sold out!

macgirl3121

I just tried to get Rated R online from Dillards and Bloomingdales, both sold out. I just said eff it and went to Ebay and actually snagged one at a reasonable price. It came out to $2 more than getting it from Dillards or Bloomingdales with shipping. I can live with that.

Scorpdva

I got glamour check, strike a pose, fashion groupie, one-off and three of the e/l in rave, fly-by-blu, and molasses and the 239 brush.

Icecaramellatte

I got:
  • Style Snob
  • Grand Entrance
  • Unbasic White
  • Fashion
  • One-Off
I don't remember seeing Rated R. I'm curious about it now. How does Rated R compare to Gorgeous Gold? Thanks.

TISH1124

Rated R is a lime green....More like Bitter and Sharp...it does not compare to Gorgeous Gold at all IMO

Swatches from swatch thread

ratedrvglswatches606744.jpg

ratedr.jpg

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Rated R is a lime green....More like Bitter and Sharp...it does not compare to Gorgeous Gold at all IMO

Swatches from swatch thread

ratedrvglswatches606744.jpg

ratedr.jpg

Thanks. Lime Green?? I saw these swatches but to me it looks very yellow. But I just swatched Gorgeous Gold on my hand and I'm picking up a lot of green as well. Crest the Wave is looking very similar as well. I guess just have to wait to see it in person. Thanks again.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
Thanks. Lime Green?? I saw these swatches but to me it looks very yellow. But I just swatched Gorgeous Gold on my hand and I'm picking up a lot of green as well. Crest the Wave is looking very similar as well. I guess just have to wait to see it in person. Thanks again.

it is a greenish yellow/limish something....But no Gold ...not on me anyway...My monitor makes it look like it has more yellow than it does IRL ...Crest the Wave on me was a bit lighter than Going Bananas...very pale yellow

misha5150

I went and got Smoke and Diamonds yesterday and I LOOOOOVE it!! I wore it today with Strike a Pose on the lid, S&D in the crease and Dreammaker as a brow highlight. I am so super excited that Rated R is back in stock too!! I am going to order it on Tuesday along with the stuff I want from the new collection!!
yahoo.gif

ms. kendra

S&D is really pretty with Nylon as a highlight/tear duct, and Cocomotion lightly patted all over to give it a silver/gold duo effect. And then Carbon in the outer V for added drama. Really pretty.