WOC: Surf Baby

BeautyByLele

Hello, Im SuPer excited for this collection. SO far on my list I have :

My Paradise Blush (I tried to talk myself out of this becuz I have a few coral blushes but this color looks more orange in swatches too me, so Im just gonna bite the bullet and get it
greengrin.gif
)

ALL eyeshadows except Short Shorts ( i have more than enough highlight colors)

Hibiscus l/s & Naturally Eccentric ( I think coral colors look AMAZING on women of color, although im wondering how Hibiscus comapres to Toxic Tale although Toxic Tale looks more orange. Naturally Eccentric might be too light for me to wear on its own but I want to maybe change the color up with different lip liners or maybe use it as a layering lipstick . .. just have fun with this lippie). Bust Out looks pretty but it sorta of reminds me of Up the Amp, Playtime, Spitfire and all the other pinky purple lipsticks MAC has come out with. We need a TRUE purple lipstick.

ALL glosses EXCEPT Krazy Kahuna, Im usually not a fan of bronzy brown lipstick or glosses. UNLESS when I go into the store and swatch it for myself and change my mind !

SKIPPING the pigment stack, I have both stacks from the SCF collection which I dont use because they are quite chunky and hard to work with BUT why are the swatches of Surf the Ocean pulling me in ???? Help me to stay strong!

Gilded White e/l because I think it will be less harsh on the lash line than a white e/l.

Im not one to be into bronzer but im wondering about the bronzing sticks?? Im also wondering about the careblend pressed powder in lush-light ??

What are ya'll thoughts?

freesiafc

Well I thought I would be able to stay away from this collection I even tried to stay away from this site for a while so I wouldn't be tempted so I could focus on Semi-Precious but, I'm addicted. So I would like:
sun blonde e/s
saffron e/s
hibiscus l/s
My Paradise b/p (on the fence about because I don't want to get something similar to NARS Taj Mahal since it is suppose to come off orange)
Surf the Ocean pigment stack
Summer Stash pigment Stack (maybe)

I was going to skip the pigment stacks but I think Temptalia said they aren't as chunky as the ones before.

Twinkle_Twinkle

@ BeautyByLele,
Stay strong and skip the pigment stack. They look pretty, but not pretty enough, to me anyway. I don't know if that makes any sense. I think the Bronzing Sticks actually look quite good, but it's not the type of product I would get much use out of. But if you like NARS Mutliples, then you would probably like them, and the first two shades swatched by Temptalia look really nice. And the Careblend powders looked nice too, but the shades won't do anything for me, however if I felt they would, I would get at least one. So if I had your coloring, I'd snatch up a Careblend powder for sure. And if I liked creamy stick type products I'd get a bronzing stick. But, I prefer a simple powder bronzer to a cream or liquid, so if you don't even like bronzer really, maybe just get the Careblend powder and not the bronzing sticks? Another thing too, I try not to buy too many cream products (especially expensive ones) because they can go bad, and powder usually doesn't. So if I had 100 powder blushes for example, I might limit my cream blushes to under 20 because I don't want tons of items that will one day go bad, so if it's a product you might not get much use out of, that is something to possibly consider as well. Just my thoughts.

Anyway, for me I'll probably get My Paradise for sure and maybe Surf USA e/s. That's all.

SKIPPING the pigment stack, I have both stacks from the SCF collection which I dont use because they are quite chunky and hard to work with BUT why are the swatches of Surf the Ocean pulling me in ???? Help me to stay strong!

DILLIGAF

Right now my list stands at:
Surf USA e/s
Hibiscus l/s
My Paradise cheek powder

I love all things coral! I realized the other day that I have a fascination with coral blushes in particular. Hopefully this will be at Pro on 5/19 so I can grab my lemmings.

BeautyByLele

Thanks Twinkle, I needed that
friends.gif
! I am going to skip the bronzers sticks & the careblend powders. I have yet to own a bronzing powder and to tell the truth im not even into bronzers, I think the pics & swatches are pulling me in. As far as the pig stacks imma have to pull out the ones from SCF to remind me why I dont need these new ones. So thanks girl you have enabled me to skip them with your logic.

ThePowderPuff

Hi

I really don't belong here with my pale skin, but I have just tried the bronzer stick in Tan-Tint and it is really pigmented and quite dark. Given the fact that it is the lightest of the three and still quite dark and very builtable, I think the stick bronzers are really worth checking out for WOC. Remember, this is the lightest of the three.

UrbanSweetheart

Right now my list stands at:
Surf USA e/s
Hibiscus l/s
My Paradise cheek powder

I love all things coral! I realized the other day that I have a fascination with coral blushes in particular. Hopefully this will be at Pro on 5/19 so I can grab my lemmings.
I completely understand..I'm a coral & peach fanatic!
love.gif

That's why My Paradise is such a must-have for me!

afulton

I am so excited and can't wait until it is released. Here is a You Tuber who is a WOC showing swatches for Surf Baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq_5pwaCZdI

She is speaking French but the idea is to see the swatches.

afulton

Here is my list:

Blush: My Paradise

Eyeshadows: Short Shorts, Sun Blonde, Surf USA

Lipglass: Girl on Board, Good Lovin, Strange Potion

Lipstick: Naturally Eccentric, Hibiscus

Eye Pencils: Blue Moon, Gilded White

Stacked Pigments: Summer Stash, Surf the Ocean

I want to try the bonzer sticks but need to swatch them first.

I always go to the PRO store to get my items because they are released a week earlier.

shontay07108

[quote name="afulton" url="/forum/thread/175007/woc-surf-baby#post_2116848"] I am so excited and can't wait until it is released. Here is a You Tuber who is a WOC showing swatches for Surf Baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq_5pwaCZdI

She is speaking French but the idea is to see the swatches.
[/quote] Thanks for that video. I am definitely skipping the pigment stacks. They look craptastic. I have good Mac pigments that I barely use so why bother with these? I much prefer pressed shadows.

Copperhead

Sun Blonde e/s
Surf USA e/s
Swell Baby e/s (Maybe. I don't think I have any colors like this one.)
My Paradise Blush

Twinkle_Twinkle

After seeing the Temptalia dupe swatches I think my list is now: definitely My Paradise, probably Sun Blonde (but I am going to bring UD Honey Deluxe Shadow to compare) and maybe Surf USA (I know I can dupe this 10 ways from Sunday, so I'll probably leave it, but it is so pretty). Still a short list so I am happy.

nunu

I'm eyeing up: My Paradise Powder Surf USA eyeshadow Swell Baby is a maybe Bust Out Lipstick Hibiscus Lipstick The collection is released online in the UK but i'm waiting for it to be released in store so that i can swatch and compare with other perm items.

kimbunney

For sure:

-Short shorts e/s
-Sun blonde e/s

Maybe:
-Glided white
- One of the bronzer sticks

I'll have to check out my Paradise in store.