WOC: This Is Metal Rock

sss215

Just in case you haven't seen it before and want to know what all the fuss is about. Here is a recent photo of it with Warm Blend from last year's Color Craft:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Warm Blend is lighter than Metal Rock. But Warm Blend is more bronze as Metal Rock is more brown. To be honest I hardly ever use either of these MSFs as they are both too dark for me.

Here is a picture of both of them side by side:
WarmBlendvsMetalRock001.jpg

WarmBlendvsMetalRock002.jpg

Top: Warm Blend (swatches on NW15 skintone)
Bottom: Metal Rock

Lapis

yup warm blend is a pretty much a dupe but you know mac addicts we have to own it and see for ourselves

Shimmer

Metal Rock IS really glittery. On me it's a dark version of Naked You. Pretty chunky and glitter bomb-y.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Is it being repromoted or something?

no, but there is a buzz here for those who would like it to be. just putting it out there for those who have heard about it, but never seen it swatched.

Lovey99

I am NW 45/47, if anyone would like it swtached on darker skin let me know. I also have Warm Blend. I think there is a significant difference.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I am NW 45/47, if anyone would like it swtached on darker skin let me know. I also have Warm Blend. I think there is a significant difference.

Really? I'm the same and there's not a ton of difference for me after I tap the brush and knock off the glitter when using MR.

Vixxan

I'm NC50 and there is a difference. They look exactly like they do in this photo.
WarmBlendvsMetalRock002.jpg
I knew that they were very close before I bought but I had to have it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:

Me too. I just swatched them to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind. Metal Rock is a dark chocolate, Warm Blend (blended) looks like a bronze and just the center strip of Warm Blend looks like a dark copper but they are not dupes at all. Same color family, if they were shadows I'd put them in the same 15-pan but they are noticeably different.

sss215

Quote:

I would like to see the swatches. thanks in advance!

Nelly711

Warm Blend & Metal Rock look completely different on me. Twinkle's description of the two is exactly right. Here is a picture of what they look like on NC50 skin. Picture isn't the best quality because I had to use my cell phone, but the differences should be able to be seen.

metalrockwarmblend-2-2-1.jpg

Top to bottom:
Warm Blend -Mixed
Warm Blend - Middle Strip
Metal Rock

Here is another picture of MR & WB
0716001332.jpg

MR on the left, WB (center strip only) on the right

Lovey99

I am on a business trip. I will post swatches on Sunday when I get back home.

I think warm blends offers color, there is little to no color from metal rock on my skin.

Warm Blend gives a hint of goldish brown. Metal Rock gives my skin a luminescence. Metal Rock is nearly my skin color, so it melts into my skin and gives a radiant glow.

Lapis

well maybe it's my skin or I'm too light with product but on my skin they look basically the same /shrug

Ashleybubbles83

i have them both, there is a little bit of a difference but not enough for me to say ok i have warm blend i dont need metal rock, i gotta have em both!

Lovey99

IMG_0085.jpg

Top - Metal Rock
Bottom - Middle Part of Warm Blend...

I am going to take another picture outside... Now that I see the picture, they are VERY similiar. I am NW45/47, and both colors melt into my skin. They match my skin and can be used as an all-over powder, if you like shimmer.

reesesilverstar

Lovey 99, I can't see anything. The pic is so tiny
ssad.gif

Ashleybubbles83 are you gonna swatch for us too, please?

I'm curious about the chocolate pigment. I have that, but it's a rosey brown, not bronzey...