WOC Viva Gaga II

BeautyByLele

Hey I saw there wasn't a thread started for this so I thought I would start one. There a video on youtube showing a swatch of this color

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1ko6YDdXs

(its at the end of the Wonder Woman Haul approx min 8:13)

To me it sort of looks like Siss . . . what do ya'll think ??? I wonder how it will compare to Siss . . . . Im still excited for it though !!!!

DILLIGAF

I'll find out tomorrow because I'll be going to Pro. I called and they already have this in stock.

shontay07108

[quote name="DILLIGAF" url="/forum/thread/173519/woc-viva-gaga-ii#post_2083475"] I'll find out tomorrow because I'll be going to Pro. I called and they already have this in stock.
[/quote] Ooh, maybe I should try the NY pro store tomorrow.

DILLIGAF

Ok I went to Pro today with the intention of seeing VG Gaga 2. I deliberately swatched Siss on my hand upon arrival so I could compare and contrast these colors. Siss is described as a muted golden beige (Satin). Viva Glam Gaga is described as light neutral beige. In person Gaga is the lighter of the two. It leans more pink that Siss. I believe if you can pull off Siss you can pull off Gaga without looking like Tyrone Biggums. If you feel that this color may give you more of a jizz lip than you would like it can easily be toned down with a liner like Cork. I'm of the opinion that this is a more universal color that the original VG Gaga ever was.

BeautyByLele

Dill - Thanks for the review!!!! Yes, Siss can be a hard color to pull off !!! I think I am going to get this color !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for checking it out

BeautyByLele

I just cam back from the store to check this l/s out and Dillgaf you were right on about the description of this color and Siss. I ended up purchasing the lipstick only, I swatched the gloss but I was kind of up in the air on that one. At least it will be around for a while and I will go back and check that out at a later date.

The lipstick is okay . . do I think it is a MUST-HAVE ????? NO however if you have/like Siss then you will probably like this !!!!!!

While I was there I picked up the 1st Viva Gaga lipgloss . . . I liked the 1st Viva Gaga lipstick from the beginning. i think imma get a backup of the 1st Viva Gaga l/s & l/g b4 they are permanently gone. I actually like the 1st Viva Gaga better than Viva Gaga 2

Here's a swatch of Siss compared to Viva Gaga 2

Viva Gaga 2 (Top) Siss (Bottom) NO FLASH

Viva Gaga 2 (Top) Siss (Bottom) FLASH

cocodivatime

Thanks for this comparision because Siss was the first thing I thought about when I saw Gaga II. I LIVE in Siss, its one of my favorite MAC colors. Its super light but I warm it up with liner and a pink toned gloss. If Gaga II is lighter it makes me nervous but I still want to try it

GucciGirl

Hey ladies!! I just did a video on this lipstick and gloss if anyone is interested :) In the video I swiped it right on basically to give you a true idea of the color. You can definately control the color by patting it on or using a lip brush.

aradhana

looks so beautiful and very natural on you!

i was a bit skeptical of these viva glam shades, but your pictures give me hope that this might work for me too! might try to check em out later this week. did you use a liner as well, or is it just purely the gaga 2 lipstick and gloss?
Here's a pic I have wearing both Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick and lipglass.

MsJellie

I was on the fence too. But, after seeing the pics and video, I think I might go ahead and give it a try when I go to the Pro store next week. Thanks ladies.

Sass

I haven't gotten these yet, but have seen them in person and they look light like Freshbrew - haven't done a comparison but it reminds me of that one. I've been doing OK with nudes lately, but I may end up with the just lipstick from this one eventually.