WOC - When you wear red lips ..

Blushbaby

...which blushers do you tend to wear with them?

I have loads of pinky/plummy blushers but don't think they'll go with red lips. and I've just bought 2 red/burgundy lippies and will probably be getting another three shades over the next few days.

Which blushers do you tend to wear when you do a red lip?

Thank you
smiles.gif

lushious_lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
...which blushers do you tend to wear with them?

I have loads of pinky/plummy blushers but don't think they'll go with red lips. and I've just bought 2 red/burgundy lippies and will probably be getting another three shades over the next few days.

Which blushers do you tend to wear when you do a red lip?

Thank you
smiles.gif

That's something i always want to know.

laguayaca

Most the time I use plums just use a light hand! Enough to create a flush I sometimes use pink too but very lighly!

iadoremac

I agree with Laguayaca, if you want to use a colored blush then it should be applied with a light hand otherwise i suggest you go with a bronzer/highlighter.

M.A.C. head.

When I do red lips I usually try to tone down the rest of my face. I'm NW45, so I go with something like Brunette MSF, Sweet As Cocoa blush, or Raizin blush.

Blushbaby

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah I was thinking I could possibly use Raizin, X-Rocks & Sweet as Cocoa but all my other blushes ...nah.

I have Sunbasque so will experiment with that when my lippies arrive and I've been meaning to take a closer look at Trace Gold and Gingerly so will have a look at those when I'm in MAC next weekend.

I totally forgot I have Brunette MSF too! (a sign of having too much make up when you forget what you actually own!!)

I'm gonna get Albatross next weekend so I know I can rock that.

Thanks again for the replies, you've all been really helpful - as always
winks.gif

na_pink

if im wearing clown colours then i would wear something that can barely be seen on my cheeks

however this weekend i wore a red and black dress, red she said lips and .... EXHIBIT A blush .. yep a bright red freaking blush on my cheeks ... ending up having to rub off a bit with some tissue because i forgot how highly pigmented it was .. but i thought it looked quite cute ( notice i said "I thought")

nazneen372

When I do red lips it is always a "pinup" 1950s style look with winged liner, I pair it with Expensive Pink eyeshadow and a translucent cool pink blush and the whole thing pops!

Mine is Shu Uemura P Wine 25 but I think something like Dollymix would work well too for this look.

GlamYOURUs

It depends for me...

if I want that light look with neutral eyes and cheeks and a poppin lip, I will still with only a highlight or a very pale light pink blush. Such as Pink Swoon, Don't Be Shy, Otherwordly, Global Glow, Warmed.

If I want that GLAMYOURUs look
winks.gif
I will go with a bright pink or warmer color like Sunbasque with Peaches.

garnetmoon

I think for me it depends on my overall look. Usually I pair red l/s with either neutral/semi gold eye with winged liner or gray/silvery eye with winged liner. In the case of the former look I would also pick a red l/s that has some gold in it then I would use either gold or reddish blush. For golds I use Otherworldly blush le (MY FAVE!!!), New Vegas MSF le , or even Gold Deposit MSF. For a reddish blush I usually use Merrily mineralized blush (it's reddish with gold flecks) with a very light hand/skunk brush. If I use the second eye look then I would use a cooler toned red l/s and either skip blush altogether or I would the red side of the Mi'Lady MES le also with a light hand. It's a coppery kind of red but it has silver flecks that make it more cool for a gray eye.

In general I find that red l/s amps up my own natural flush and so I generally don't have to wear blush because it can easily become overkill. I also feel like pink, plum, and orange blushes can really clash with red. So I would skip those. HTH.