Working for Sephora

tiera720

Hi everyone! I filled out an application on sephoras website about 2-3 months ago. I kind of put it to the back of my mind after awhile of not hearing anything back. Then like 2 1/2 weeks ago I get a call from sephora saying they would like me to come for a group interview in a few days. The day of the interview I was really nervous. I wore all black from head to toe, my hair in a top knot, and very neutral eyeshadow with a red lip. I got to the interview about 30 minutes early introduced myself to the manager and she told me to just look around for awhile until the 2 other girls got there. So I just browsed and made sure to smile and say hi to pretty much everyone I saw. They were definitely watching me. The actual interview went really well they asked a few standard questions like whats your idea of great customer service, how do you like to be coached..really standard things. Then they asked us what our favorite product was and we had to blind sell it to them. Right after that they had us go out in the floor and sell it to customers. I actually made 2 sales so they loved that. I thought I did great in the interview and then I didn't hear anything for what felt like forever and i had kind of given up but they just called and offered me the position and I accepted of course!

dallasashley

Congratulations! I love the idea of wearing a red lip to the interview(it's so Sephora-y); it's what I originally wanted to do for my interview but red always intimidates me for some reason
shrugs.gif
Anyway, I've only worked one day and I was in heaven so I think you'll really like it too:)

tiera720

Thank you! The crazy thing is right after my interview I went to a Mac counter just to browse and they offered me an interview right on the spot for permanent full time. I was so shocked and I just had my demo for them on Monday and I think that also went well so we will see what happens with that...what was your first day like?? I'm so excited to start!

dallasashley

That's amazing! I would definitely pursue the MAC position, and if it doesn't pan out then you always have Sephora to fall back on. My first day was technically only a half day, about 4 hours. Mostly paperwork and some training videos. Then my manager and I got to play around with the new Pantone color match system.

Hieu

Hi everyone, I am planning to apply for assistant store manager at sephora. Can anyone help me out with some advices or recommendations? Should i start out with a beauty advisor position first

AlyseMarie

Hello everyone! Just joined, so excited!
I landed myself an interview for Sephora Beauty Leader (Manager) inside JCP.

Couple questions! I've already had a phone interview and now have an interview with the Field Manager this week. I'm extremely nervous but I'm confident about getting the position and about my experience/education.

How is Sephora inside JCP different from Sephora? Pay, benefits, gratis?

My position is similar to a "Store Manager"....what salary should I be asking for??

What should I expect from this interview? Anyone else interviewed for Sephora JCP? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

AlyseMarie

Hi!

I'm the Senior Education Consultant at our SiJCP. I'm one step below the Beauty Leader...BL is the "manager" of SiJCP. So yes, it is a full time position. Basically, you oversee everything that goes on inside Sephora inside jcp. You will also act as an LOD (leader on duty) for jcp. But that is pretty rare. Do you have any experience managing in cosmetics?

Good Luck!
Hey there!

I see you work for Sephora inside JCP...I have an interview this week with the Field Manager for a Beauty Leader position (i've already had a phone interview) and I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on how you like working for the companies and what I should expect from this interview. Also, I'm not quite sure what the average salary is for this position, so if you have any response to that, that would be greatly appreciated!

hithere

Hi im scheduled for a group interview tom. and i only want to work on weekends because i work a full time job during the weekdays and wanted to work at sephora for extra income and for have a passion in make up. I said to my self if i ever get a part time job on the weekend i want it to be something i have great intrest in, and SEPHORA IS DEF IT! Can you give me any advice and if working strictly on weekends will be a problem?

AlyseMarie

Hi im scheduled for a group interview tom. and i only want to work on weekends because i work a full time job during the weekdays and wanted to work at sephora for extra income and for have a passion in make up. I said to my self if i ever get a part time job on the weekend i want it to be something i have great intrest in, and SEPHORA IS DEF IT! Can you give me any advice and if working strictly on weekends will be a problem? 
I think they would appreciate the fact that you only want to work weekends. I don't think they'll have a problem with that.

MissTT

Hiring a person to work weekends only would really depend on the needs of the store. If all their current staff is only available on weekends it would be a problem, but if most folks are working days I'm sure they'd be happy to have you. Weekends are the busiest so of course need the most staff. I work full time during the day and wasn't sure if they'd hire me and sure enough they did. My director has even been kind enough to schedule me (and another gal) at 6pm on some weeknights. I wasn't sure if they would do that. Sorry I can't give you any info about interviewing because it seems my process went much differently than everyone else's I've heard about. From start (application) to finish (offer) my process was 5 days; no group interview thank goodness.

hithere

i have no make-up experience but know how to apply and know a lot about make up, and i love talking about all the brands and giving suggestions to people, i finished college for communication majoring in advertising and only had 2 jobs, my current job which is a family business and my ojt job during college. Aside from that i would say i have a lot of experience even though. Do you think i have a chance? Oh yeah my current job is for a check processing company so i would say its somewhat like retail because we deal with money and customers everyday.

dallasashley

i have no make-up experience but know how to apply and know a lot about make up, and i love talking about all the brands and giving suggestions to people, i finished college for communication majoring in advertising and only had 2 jobs, my current job which is a family business and my ojt job during college. Aside from that i would say i have a lot of experience even though. Do you think i have a chance? Oh yeah my current job is for a check processing company so i would say its somewhat like retail because we deal with money and customers everyday.

I would just say fake it 'til you make it! I don't mean you have to lie about your experience, lol, just that confidence is key:) If you're asked about cosmetic retail experience don't just say "I have none"; be sure to follow up with your product knowledge and application abilities. Good luck with your interview and let us know how it goes!!!

KitaMargarita

Hi all. There opening a new Sephora in JCP. Today I went on my second
interview. I hope it went well. The first was interesting. As someone stated earlier. It was a group interview. Myself and 3 other girls had to work with these blocks and each one of us was only allowed 10 seconds to look at the picture. The second part is we had to go out into pic a sheet of paper that had an assigned section of the JC Penny store. You had twenty mins to learn about the section and then the store manager came over and you had to sell to her. After that part we were dismissed and told she would be calling in a few days but she called me within a few hours for a second interview today. They don't have any full time positions but I'm open to a part time position. I just really want this job. WIsh me Luck!

PennyLayn3

Hi guys I had 3 interview with sephora the lady loved me she said I should hear back within the week they never called so last Friday I called n they said they were checking references it's now almost 2 weeks since my 3rd interview smh I'm loosing hope an dont wanna call again an seem annoying ???

dallasashley

It took about a week for my background check to go through but I suppose it always depends. I don't think calling back to check is ever annoying. In fact, it shows your commitment to getting the job. Good luck!

PennyLayn3

It took about a week for my background check to go through but I suppose it always depends. I don't think calling back to check is ever annoying. In fact, it shows your commitment to getting the job. Good luck!
Thank u I called n the hiring manager wasn't there I was advised to call Tmr n see what's the status they said she may be waiting for director management or something like that

makeupgirl3

Sephora and Sephora inside JCP are different. Sephora is owned by LVMH Louis Vitton. Sephora employees are hired and trained buy sephora and the same with Sephoras in JCP. The way it was explained was the JCP stores carry the lines that are being phased out like Cargo, but some of the more popular brands like Urban Decay and MUFA. YOu dont really see many of the higher end brands like YSL, DIor and hourglass. The JCP store near me has fragrances Sephora as a company does not carry like Kenneth Cole and Brittney Spears.

purple1starz

Hello im very new to this but I am excited about getting answers to some questions I have. I got the official call back yesterday from SEPHORA in my local JcPenny. She said I will be hired as PRODUCT OPERATIONS....What does product operations me? Thx in advance I start training on sept. 9