Worth getting some Cream colour bases?

sayah

I feel the need for a new highlighter. I don't have something like a Cream colour base, the closest would be Bare Study PP. Are the products close? Is it worth getting a CCB simply for highlighting? Hit me with your knowledge!
th_thstars.gif

Mac-Guy

I love CCBs for a quick and easy highlight on the brow bone, on top of the cheeks, or on the cupids bow. Hush is my favorite for my NW20 skin.

CCBs are much creamier than Paint Pots, thus I feel they are very different products and hard to compare, IMO.

lilysaville

I love CCBs for highlighting! I use Luna every day, because I'm super pale. If you're not really fair take a look at Pearl or Hush, maybe Shell if you're after something pinkier :) But I think they're definitely worth it

sayah

Thanks guys!
th_star.gif
I am actually really pale, so I'll look into Luna. Off to check reviews!

Romina1

I love ccb for highlighting. I use Pearl and Hush (Hush mostly during summer). I apply them on my cheekbones and the inner corner of the eye. Sometimes I apply a MSF over ccb on the cheeckbone. I use them every day. Pearl was my first mac product I hit the pan!

Mac-Guy

I love ccb for highlighting. I use Pearl and Hush (Hush mostly during summer). I apply them on my cheekbones and the inner corner of the eye. Sometimes I apply a MSF over ccb on the cheeckbone. I use them every day. Pearl was my first mac product I hit the pan!
It's amazing how quickly one goes through a CCB. I guess it is the creamy texture that makes you pick up more product than you probably need. But on the flip side, that's probably a good thing as cream-based products have a tendency to go off after a while.

Nicala

I haven't hit pan on my CCB because we ended up getting two of them at the same time. I like to use Pearl as a cheek highlight. It looks very natural on me :)

Edelmc

I love cream colour bases. I am nw10-15 and love shell as a cheek highlighter. I also use hush and luna although Luna can look a bit to harsh/obvious on me- any tips on applying it would be appreciated! Shell is the first product I ever hit the pan on! I have bare study and painterly paint pots and they are great as eye shadow bases and ate different to cream colour bases. It's worth having both products in your kit imo

Mac-Guy

Luna can look a bit to harsh/obvious on me- any tips on applying it would be appreciated!
Have you tried a stippling brush, like the 188? It's a great way to blend and/or sheer products (both cream- and powder-based).

lilysaville

I apply Luna after foundation and cream blush, but before powder. When you powder over the top it just looks like a natural glow on super-pale skin (more so than shell imo, but that's just my experience) and doesn't look so "eek! White shimmer!" HTH

Mac-Guy

Ha! So it's okay to powder over it?

If you use a light hand, you should be fine. It really depends how subtle you want it and also what CCB you use. I use Luna before I set with powder (I always use a very light hand) and Hush after I use powder. You really have to experiment with it, but as CCBs are so easy to apply, it should be fun.

LMD84

oh i love using pearl ccb as a highlighter! it looks beautiful and lasts for such a long time too. i also like how easy they are to apply :) i need to check out luna!

naturallyfab

hush and pearl CCBs are amazing! I use them all the time as cheek highlights or even in place of a paint pot if I'm in a rush :D

Mac-Guy

hush and pearl CCBs are amazing! I use them all the time as cheek highlights or even in place of a paint pot if I'm in a rush :D

I love CCBs as highlights but they did not work well on my lid, except as a brow bone highlight. I find CCBs too creamy for the lid as they tend to crease. I rather use a Paint Pot in Bare Study if I want the shimmer.