Wrong shade Studio Fix- what should I do???

chickatthegym

I had been tanning for a wedding that I went to while I was up in Minneapolis a few weeks ago... while up there I went to the freestanding MAC store to get a darker shade of Studio Fix powder... I was in a huge hurry and comign from the gym, I just took the one the MA gave me without trying it on (I have had pretty good service the other times I'd been to that store). Well it is totally the wrong color (I am NW and this is an NC and makes me look ORANGE). I didn't have time to take it back before I came back to FL and now I am here in FL and can't find the receipt in my stuff... I KNOW I didn't throw it out because I saw it the night I packed. Anyway, I went today to the Naples MAC store to see if I could exchange it and she said no because their computer isn't linked. But she said I could try calling the store in MN where I bought it from. I buy a lot from that store and I am in their computer so can they look it up? Does anyone know what I can do? Thanks for any suggestions!

HeavenLeiBlu

You're not going to be able to do anything unless you go back to where you bought it, or find the receipt, sorry.
ssad.gif
Your other option is swapping or selling it in the bargain bin.

TISH1124

I agree ^^^ Sell it or swap it in the Clearance Bin then go buy another one in the right shade...or see if they have your shade for sale or swap in the Clearance Bin on here

andrrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
my MAC lets me exchange stuff without a receipt. maybe it depends on certain stores.

I've found I can exchange without a receipt only if I go back to the actual store I bought it from
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

I thought you could exchange without a receipt too since they have me in their computer system. But I called both stores today and the manager in the Naples, FL store said that they can look up the item and when I bought it in their comp. but she can't look up the serial # that they need to do an exchange. So she wouldn't do it. I wondered why I couldn't just get that # for them from the store I bought it from. Neither store was very helpful but they were nice about it.

They told me to call a customer service hotline. FYI if anyone reading this needs to call for help, the Estee Lauder service line for customer care is 1-800-387-6707 and then I hit #7.

So they are sending me a return envelope that will take three weeks and then I can send it in and they will send me an exchange. Worth a shot since the color is completely wrong and makes me look REALLY orange so I wouldn't ever use it.

I sure won't buy a new shade of foundation without trying it on again that's for sure!!! But I spend thousands on MAC and I thought they had a good return policy so I was never too concerned before. I wonder what the point of their computer system is if they can look it up but still won't let you exchange for the same product in a different color? I mean, I have the box and everything is on their computer. O well.

eidetica

Sometimes it's about who's helping you. This is true with B2M for depots and a bunch of other silly things. "It's a computer problem" is the big handy excuse in retail very often.
At least Lauder will get them sharpened up. That's a crack operation.

divalicious

I bought Studio Fix Fluid and the MA tried both NC42 and NC40 on my jaw. NC40 was a bit too light. She told me to get NC42 because she said she finds that a tone darker helps to avoid a whitish cast and would be perfect for picture taking. However, I feel that the NC42 is just a wee bit too dark, and I'm probably in between these two shades.

Does anyone mix fluid foundation colors to get their exact shades? I'm wondering if I should get the NC40 too and mix it with NC42. TIA

X4biddenxLustX

That's good you could at least send it back in to the company for exchange instead of just being stuck with it.

I buy my MAC at Macy's counters (I don't live anywhere near a freestanding store). They put little stickers that says Macy's on it and it also has a barcode on it on all the products you buy in the store (except for the Lush items thought, idk why that's so). The sticker acts as a receipt in case the customer doesn't have their receipt. When it's scanned the date of purchase will come up and they'll be able to do a return or exchange.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
my MAC lets me exchange stuff without a receipt. maybe it depends on certain stores.

Remember that anything you return for exchange gets thrown out even if it's unused. Far better to swap with someone in Specktra unless the store made a mistake and supplied you with the wrong product.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by divalicious
Does anyone mix fluid foundation colors to get their exact shades? I'm wondering if I should get the NC40 too and mix it with NC42. TIA

Mixing foundations to get intermediate colours is perfectly normal practice. I do it all the time. People don't come in exact foundation shades.