WTF!?! Powder for touch-ups advice please?

Alty

Ok so I went to my MAC counter and asked for a compact powder I could keep in my purse for touch-ups.
Does it sound difficult to understand for you? I've never really had any troubles with my Italian. People generally seem to understand what I mean when I speak.
First of all the MA gave me an NW15 when I had told her I use NC20/NC15 foundation. I'm really not pink at all.
I had to insist to have her give me NC15.
Now I don't remember all the names of MAC powders/foundations so when I got home I just went to check the internet and…the stuff they gave me is a foundation
icon_eek.gif

I DEFINITELY said I wanted a powder, I told them I wanted it they gave me Studio Fix powder foundation.

Now I'm using Prolongwear foundation, I really don't need any more coverage, and I don't like my skin to be all cakey so I just wanted something to touch-up my T-zone when it gets a bit shiny.
Do you think I could still use this or is it better if I ask to change it?
Maybe select sheer powder would be better...

Grrr, and thinking I was gonna take Guerlain's new pressed powder, but it costed almost 10€ more so I chose this.

Funtabulous

If you are looking for something to absorb oil, I'd recommend MAC's blot powder, it's great and I use it all the time!

I have the studio fix powder, and I find it turns orange/gets cakey when I use it.

User38

If MAC had not discontinued the Blot loose powder that would set your mu wo need for touch ups...

Try the Kryolan loose powder for setting mu and then carry UD Mattifying powder -- it's better than MAC's blot cause it doesn't turn colour on the skin.. imo.

Chrystia

I would recommend either the select sheer pressed powder or blot powder pressed for touch ups. I agree with you that prolong wear with studio fix is going to be more coverage than you need. The artist probably gave you studio fix because most of the time when someone comes in for a powder they are referring to studio fix. The artist probably could've done a better job investigating what you needed. But I would bring it back and exchange it for one of the two other ones I mentioned.

Miss Berri

Take it back!! Studio fix powder is going to cake on and most likely oxidize. Just get the blot sheets. Its easy to look cakey if you touch up with powder. If your really oily, get the prep and prime face protect protection visage spf 50. That stuff is amazing!! It makes your makeup stick like velcro and it keeps oil away all day.