You proposing to HIM?

cupcake_x

Now this thread has made me really think about proposing to my boyfriend.. I even asked him how he would feel if I did propose to him.

Dahlia_Rayn

Girl, if you want him, and he's already asked you and you said no, then ask him. I bet he'd be flattered! You can be all serious about it, or you can just be casual. If it were me, I'd just say, "Hey baby, let's get married." You've been together a long time!

Good luck! And tell us how it goes if you decide to do it!

ShortnSassy

i say go for it! since he's asked before, it's not like he's going to say no. because you've turned him down before, he may think that marriage isn't an option for the two of you and he's decided you don't want to. so i think you should surprise him and propose!!! good luck and keep us updated!!

InTheFade

If my boyfriend hadn't proposed to me in August I probably would have proposed to him sometime in the future.

If it feels right it feels right! You guys have been together for a long time and have a baby, you've already been through a lot of tough stuff together that a lot of people don't hit until they've been married for ages. I'd say do it, especially since you've said no to him before.

Go for it and please let us know how it goes!

MaskedBeauty

If you wanna do it then go for it. More power to ya!

But (there's always a "but" lol) personally I think if I proposed to the guy I'd wonder if he really did truely want to marry me or if he was just saying yes because he felt obligated to. And then of course I would also be scared that he would for some reason say no.

But (yes another but. lol.) It sounds like you guys really love each other and you have been together for a long time. So I think it really just depends on the people and the situation??

Almond_Eyed

In your case, since you've been together for 10 years and have a child, I would say go for it.

For any other situation, for example you've been together for less than 2 or 3 years, it might be iffy. I've heard guys tend to bail if a girl hints at commitment when they're not ready.

Good luck =)

hello_my_apple

im sorry but you shouldnt be with pedo's. you were 16 and he was 37?! the rest of the story is beyond ridculous and i wont even go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
I say do it. I did it but it didnt work out to well. I've been with what I would call the love of my life since I was 16 and he was 37 we had major ups and downs and had our first child this past february. He's been married and divorced before. He had a girlfriend when I met him he's actually still with her and being strait forward and honest with him I said to him I want you to marry me and you can still see her. He declined saying he didnt love her anymore and told me no to the marriage proposal but replied back he loved me more than I'll ever know. I to have my moments where I hate him because I feel theirs time hes left me to raise this baby on my own when Ive been by his side for the last almost 6 years through thick and thin. No matter what way the question goes we will never be married no matter how hard I wish. I need to grow some balls and move on I know but its hard when its your true love and I always have hope that he will have a change of heart on the marriage proposal. I know if he ever asked I'd say yes.

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
WTF?!
wtff.gif

I really can't believe that you wrote this. At first I thought I read it all wrong so I read it again and I still don't believe this.
shockt.gif

Yeah, he really loves you.. that much that he even has another woman beside him for so many years. Man, if that ain't love I really don't know what is.
th_rolleye0014.gif

GET REAL! He doesn't love you, he never had and he never will. This ain't love! And please, at least if you can't think about yourself please think of that baby. I really can't believe this is real. Poor that baby.
nope.gif

Sorry for my attitude but can't help myself.

Took the words right outta my mouth.
shockt.gif

Saying that about a man or to a man (that he can keep his gf on the side) is pretty much saying you have no self respect.
th_dunno.gif
I think it'd be best for you to move on. You're sooooo young and trust me... there are SO many guys out there.. BETTER guys that will actually treat you right.