Young Punk Disaster

aussiemacluvrrr

Hey ladies...

Wondering if anyone has any handy hints to help me fix my Young Punk disaster
ssad.gif

I have been lemming this MES for soooo long, and the lovely AudreyNicole on here did a CP for me and sent it to me packaged sooo well.. It arrived in perfect condition...

And then me, being the total idiot I am, packed it in my suitcase when I came back from Adelaide, instead of putting it in my handbag... and of course... IT CRACKED RIGHT OFF THE PAN!!!!!!!!

ssad.gif
Of course it is still usable, but it looks so terrible
ssad.gif
Is there any way of repressing a MES, like the way i would press a pigment or eyeshadow?

dietcokeg

omg so sorry to hear that! i hate it when this happens! ive never had this happen (knock on wood!) but the only way i can think of doing it would be pressing it like a normal shadow but it will defo lose all its baked goodness!! i hope sum1 else will have another suggestion bc thats all i can contribute to this! hope that helps!

purrtykitty

I think people have pressed MSFs with a little alcohol, but it's hard to get the shape back. When I broke a MES, I put it into one of those sample jars, ground it up and used it as a loose shadow. It was a glittery one, so that worked even better...got better pigmentation that way.
smiles.gif

pleomorphic

The only thing I can think of (and keep in mind, I haven't actually tried this) would be to try to recontruct as much of the chunky pieces as you can with a little alcohol into the plastic insert dome to keep the shape. I wouldn't try to crush it like an ES because you'll lose the veining pattern (unless you don't care) HTH....sorry to hear about your misfortune!

simplyenchantin

I once received a MES broken too and I was so sad! I totally know how you feel. Unfortunately I googled and googled and couldn't find anything on how to fix it! It just sits in its container and I use it really gently so more doesn't break. I might do what purrtykitty suggested though, and just smash it up into a container like a loose shadow!

aussiemacluvrrr

Thanks for the info ladies... I think I will just leave it in the container for the moment. I'm too scared to try and re-press it.. I'm such a klutz I'll probably drop it on the floor while I'm trying to repress it
ssad.gif

MzzRach

I'd put it in a loose powder container and use it as a loose pigment. I hate it that the mineralized products are so fragile. Hopefully you have been able to keep using it, it's a gorgeous colour.