Your Favourite MAC items to take on Holiday?

cuteymcpretty

I'm going to the carribean in 2 weeks and want to take a select few items with me, other than Face and Body I could do with some pointers! being from the uk im used to cold weather so anything goes so tips and your opinions would be appreaciated!
greengrin.gif

Sanayhs

I like to take premade palettes and compacts, so that I'm not hauling around my palettes I've put together myself. Two lipsticks, one or two lipglosses, one premade eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow base, one cheek highlight, one contour colour, one blush, mascara, black eyeliner, pressed powder, concealer, foundation, brushes.

When I wasn't going to be home for Christmas, I packed my warm eyes palette from this year because it gave me a number of pretty options in secure packaging, my Ungaro beauty powder (it works as a blush for me), a red lipstick, a nude lipstick, a dazzleglass, a pink-nude gloss, and the rest of the things mentioned above.

For me, it's about maximizing options and be ready for anything while not hauling along a ton of stuff.

pianohno

Haha how rubbish has the weather been round here lately! Lucky you going on holiday though - I'm jealous
angry.gif
. I just tend to take Benefit's you rebel lite as my skin tends to dry out like mad, my studio fix stick as this works great for a foundation or as a concealer, a loose powder and a bronzer/blush and waterproof mascara! Have a nice time!

abbyquack

Like Sanayhs, I take special-edition palettes with me on vacation- it's compact so I don't have to lug around a ton of makeup, and it's also a great opportunity to be forced to find new combinations or to use a palette that might otherwise sit in my traincase and never get used.

Since you're going to the Caribbean, where it is warm and humid, you may not end up wearing a lot of makeup, esp. if you're outside a lot and/or in the water. So maybe a bronzer and waterproof mascara are all you'll need. Have fun!

caffn8me

When I'm going away and not taking a lot of makeup I tend to have a fairly small collection with me;

• Eyeshadow base colour (e.g. Shroom or Brule)
  • Eyeshadow dark lid colour (e.g. Cork)
  • Liner pencil (Powerpoint in Ebony)
  • Fluidline (Blacktrack)
  • Concealer (Select Cover)
  • Mascara (Pro Lash black)
  • Foundation (Studio Fix powder)
  • Brow gel (clear)
  • Brow pencil or powder (actually, I use Raizin which is a blush)
  • Lipstick (usually Viva Glam V or VI)
  • Lipgloss (VG V or VI)
  • Pencil sharpener
  • Cosmetic cotton buds
  • Brush for foundation (187 or 188)
  • Brush for brows (266)
  • Brush for eyeliner (266)
  • Brush for shadow (224)
  • Brush for lips (316)
  • Small bottle brush cleaner
  • Tweezers (Tweezerman)
  • Moisturizer
  • Chap stick (I like Carmex)
  • Makeup remover
  • Cotton pads

OK, this doesn't give me very many looks but it allows me to do a fairly complete look should I need to. If you take a pencil liner then a proper pencil sharpener is essential!

If you're not certain you'll have a well illuminated mirror where you are staying, a small travel mirror you can set up near a window for good light is really useful.

purplerinne

whatever u bring, don't bring anything that is LE!! I've heard horror stories...and u don't want ur LE lipstick to melt in the Caribbean weather now!

VDUB*BELLA

I go to the Carribean a few times a year and I've learned from my past mistakes not to overpack especially eyeshadows..

Usually I will take 2 4 pan pro palette. One I'll make neutral/highlighters/brow powder (i.e. Espresso) and something like Carbon. The other palette I'll take my fave colours like a two teals and two purples

Your best friend will be Fluidline since it wont melt off your face like my beloved Feline and waterproof mascara (a must).

Blot powder, bronzer and one blush that will work with many looks. Usually I dont take foundation because its sooo humid and I feel super gross with it. Just grab some Studio Finish Concealer and spot treat. I might throw in Studio Fix power of Studio Stick for emergency

Have a great time!

anita22

I always find that when I go somewhere warm / beachy, I end up using very little makeup, especially if I'm spending my time on the beach or in the heat. Now I just take something like:

- Bronzey, natural eyeshadow in a self-made quad (usually Shroom, Naked Lunch & Romp, with Brun as a brow powder)
- Bare Study paint pot as base
- Brow gel
- One peach & one pink blush
- Bronzer
- A couple of sheer lipglosses
- Blacktrack fluidline (very resistant to the heat!)
- Tinted moisturizer
- Blot powder
- Mascara
- MAC travel brushes (I have the 2 Colour Forms sets)

If I think there's a chance I might have to get more dressed up then I might throw in a lipstick & foundation.

leenybeeny

I always take a warm and a cool premade e/se palette, a war and a cool blush, and a warm and a cool l/s. Then a black and a brown eyeliner. Those few basics always ensure I have look for whatever I am wearing.

caffn8me

Nothing to do with makeup but if you have any prescription medication be sure to take it all in your hand luggage and take more than you need just in case your return gets delayed.

CellyCell

When I went traveling to hot places - the last thing I wanted was a butt-load of products on my face, but I didn't want to go bare. So... I brought:

Paint Pots - whatever colors, usually I picked one that went with anything I wore and can be paired with different colors = Painterly.

Waterproof liner that doesn't smudge.
Mascara
Half-lashes [never full] (quickest way to change your look)

4 main colors:
Brown Script - always used on the script. Makes a good smokey eye.
Black eyeshadow
A highlight shadow
Nude eyeshadow

I throw in the occasional color shadows - usually purples, but never really reached for them. Since I don't have a 4-pan quad, I do bring my 15 and besides my main 4 colors and purples... I bring Chrome Yellow, Bitter, Fushia and other bright colors that I can easily work with on myself.

As for lip products, anything that adds moisture is a plus. Like slimshines or tendertones.
Then I bring my essential brushes (about 4/5).
My foundation and 2 blushes.

LMD84

i only take a few colours when i go away anywhere now. generally i'll take 2 of the quad eyeshadow palettes that i've made - a neutral and a brights one. mascara, a couple of pigment samples in colours i use alot like vanilla - doubles as a cheek high light. i usually only take a pink blush and a peach blush. and if i'm going somewhere hot i never bother with foundation. just powder and concealer

Mabelle

Honestly, i'm bad. I bring a lot of things.
usually i bring
15 neutral palette
15 purpley palette
15 blue/green palette
a couple pencil liners (feline and spare change)
liquid last in boot black
a fluid line
mascra
UDPP
Orgasm blush
Petticoat msf
BE foundation
Lipglasses/plushglasses in; jamppacked, rich and ripe, ample pink, posh it up
o gloss

If i think i'm going to be dressing up i bring my red lip kit.

I bring a couple eyeshadow brushes and blending brushes. (about 4 or 5)
a lining brush, foundation brush (skunk brush) and a blush brush.