Your favourite one-and-done eyeshadows

shellygrrl

Staff member
A "one-and-done" eyeshadow is that shade you can wear on its own -- no crease or transition colours, no browbone highlight, no skintone shade to blend out the edges, no eyeliner along the lashline. Just this and some mascara. So which ones are your faves? Mine... * Urban Decay Snakebite (from Naked 2 palette) * Urban Decay Suspect (from Naked 2) * Urban Decay Mushroom * Makeup Geek Moondust * MAC Satin Taupe * Makeup Geek Sensuous * MAC Naked pigment

katred

Specktra Bestie
I cannot tell a lie. I have no idea when the last time I wore a single eyeshadow was. If I were going to do this, I'd probably try it with an Armani EtK shadow, because the shades are all fairly complex on their own.

I do wear Estée Lauder Arctic Sky basically on its own- but usually with liner, since I feel like my eyes look tired without it.

rockin

Until very recently I only ever wore one eyeshadow at a time.

Now, if I am in a hurry to leave the house and feel the need to wear eyeshadow to make myself look a little more awake, I grab either MAC Apricot Pink pigment or Stila Kitten. I have also done the same with Fyrinnae's Mauve-O-Matic, depending on the colour of my clothing.

MorbidMermaiden

I pretty much always apply just one eyeshadow. My current favorites are Wet n Wild Nutty, Ulta Twilight, MAC Naked Lunch and Maybelline Seashore Frosts/Shimmering Sea.

charlotte366

I have been through a phase for the last 18 months on just wearing one shadow and off I go, my favourites are:

1. MAC Patina
  2. MAC Style Snob
  3. Burberry Pale Barley
  4. MAC Sable
  5. Laura Mercier Dove Grey shadow stick
  6. MAC Grain
  7. Bobbi Brown Heather Mauve Shimmerwash
  8. MAC Naked Lunch
  9. NARS Ashes to Ashes
  10. Rouge Bunny Rouge Solstice Halycon
  11. Rouge Bunny Rouge Bohemium Waxwing

Hmmm....taupe anyone....

neh250

I have been through a phase for the last 18 months on just wearing one shadow and off I go, my favourites are:
  1. MAC Patina
  2. MAC Style Snob
  3. Burberry Pale Barley
  4. MAC Sable
  5. Laura Mercier Dove Grey shadow stick
  6. MAC Grain
  7. Bobbi Brown Heather Mauve Shimmerwash
  8. MAC Naked Lunch
  9. NARS Ashes to Ashes
  10. Rouge Bunny Rouge Solstice Halycon
  11. Rouge Bunny Rouge Bohemium Waxwing
Hmmm....taupe anyone....
2nd all of these! Great recs

flwrgirl

Never tried wearing a single eyeshadow. Feel so naked with just one color. Maybe I should give it a try. It would cut down the time I spend putting shadow on.

Sylvia60

Great suggestions here!
I'd add
NARS Malacca or Madagascar
LMdB Corinthian
Bobbi Brown's Shadow or Ice Blue or Forest or Copper or Berry Noir
ETK #8
Benefit Skinny Jeans
Chanel's Epatant or New Moon
UD's Mercury

There are really a lot of one-and-done eyeshadows.
That said, I rarely use one of these without eyeliner.

MAC_Fafinette14

Cappuccino, Please! by Essence
Amber Rush by L'Oreal
Silk and/or Twinkle by Joe Fresh
the peach and taupe shades in Silent Treatment by Wet 'N' Wild
any pewter/gunmetal/charcoal grey eyeshadow (for a subtly smokey look)

Lynlia

Woodwinked, Lorelei and LMDB Corinthian are awesome for one and done. Maybe LMDB Jojo too...have to test that one out.

I've been on a quest recently to find that perfect one all over the lid eyeshadow. So far I love love love: mac woodwinked, amberlights, ricepaper Loreal amber rush UD smog, mushroom, half baked

dontwaitupp

Lol usually when I wear eyeshadow on a regular day rather than being lazy and doing just a wing and brows, I tend to go all out because I love playing with eyeshadow so much. But when I do the one eyeshadow look I tend to prefer cream eyeshadows because I can just smudge them out with my fingers and go lol. In particular I love Maybelline Color Tattoos in Inked in Pink, Bad to the Bronze and Pomegranate Punk; Jordana eyeshadow pencil in Tenacious Brown; and Rimmel eyeshadow pencil in Bad Girl Bronze
heart.gif