Your take on Red Lipstick

mishameesh

Hi Ladies!

So a few questions about Red lipstick. Do you wear it? How often/when do you wear it? Do you lean towards a particular shade(s)? What are your picks and your skintone please? Also, do you have a pic to post?

I'm new at red lips and would like to see how you lovely ladies rock your red(s)! I always see fair skinned ladies in red; so it would be nice to see red lips on darker skin.

Thanks

MACATTAK

Yes I wear it. I wear it once in a while. I'm an NW20, and I love Russian Red. I love to wear the red lip gelee on top of the lipstick. On days I wear red lipstick, I make sure to keep the eyes extremely neutral, or use black liner only.

XShear

I'm a NW20, and I love the look of a red lip, but stained. It's subtle but still shows quite a bit of red.

I usually use MAC lipglass stain in Red Scheme. <3 it.

alien21xx

I love red lips with teal/brown eyes. I used to use my Moroccan Red (warm red with silvery glitter) with my Delights Warm palette from the Holiday '05 collection.

Now, I usually use Sundressing (more fuchsia red) with purple eye makeup. I also have this fire engine red color from Shu Uemura, and I find it looks gorgeous on a bare face or even the high fashion look!
smiles.gif

(BTW, I am an NC30-35, tan Asian skin and all.)

L281173

I love red lips. They are bold and sensuous.My favorite Reds are by Astarte Cosmetics
which are
Bad Girl Red Lip Lacquer
Climax Lipgloss
Rare Rubies Lip Lacquer.

I love red lips with a smokey eye for the evening.

I am in the complexion range between Gabrielle Union and Missy Elliott. I am chocolate complexion and African American.

La Ilusion

I'm an NC42-43. I like to wear deep bright reds and dark rich reds.

My favorite bright red lip right now is HIP lipgloss in Enticing. I line the entire lip with NYX Auburn lip pencil and put the Enticing over it. The dark red look that I'm loving these days (apologies, it's actually plummy dark red) is MAC Media l/s lined with Nightmoth. For a little shine, I put some Desire l/g over it. For a dramatic bright red lip, I wear Viva Glam I with Russian Red l/g. For a sheer look, I like LORAC's Lip Polish in Sizzle; it's actually a berry color with gold pearl, but it looks like a sheer red on the lips (on my lips, anyway).

Sorry, but I don't have any pics of me with red lips handy.
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I like Rocker (MAC & d/c). I also like Queen's Sin, from Antiquitease. There are a couple of pictures of me wearing it on my blog, which is linked in my siggie.

BeautyPsycho

I don't wear it often... but I really do love red lips (mostly on others lol)

Here's me wearing Revlon and/or L'Oreal.. sorry, I'm too lazy to find them now...

*I had to crop out my friend...

Dani

Ladybug is a good first red, and it's a lustre so it's glossy rather than super bright. It's yellow based, I don't know if that would be better or worse for you. I'm an NW35 (in concealor), by the way.
smiles.gif

ellemarie

I'm NW100/NW15 and I like to wear Rockocco with Valentine's lipgelee on top. There's a red lipstick from Shiseido that I LOVE to wear, also with Valentine's lipgelee on top. Valentine's takes just enough edge off the red and adds a little shimmer.

Miss uppity

I just got my first red the other day. Lady Bug. The MA said it would be the best one for starting out on as the red takes a bit of getting used to and some of the other are tres dark!! It has a nice light sheen to it too. I love it!

blazeno.8

I enjoy (I want to say Maybelline) Go Currant lipstick. It's not the darkest red that I can find, but it is my favorite shade. I generally add black for shade gradient and if I have something like red glitter or a way to make a glossy shine or metallic shine, I put just a dot of it in the middle part of my lower lip. (I really want to get my hands on that red reflects glitter that's coming out... assuming it's safe for use in the lip area).
So... I guess that's to say that I go for more of a vamp red lip than a classic red lip.
It's generally so strong that I don't end up wearing brightly colored eyeshadow with it.

IMGP4987.JPG

I just added a picture from my new tutorial.

lilchocolatema

I LOVE red lipstick. My favorites are Rocker, Glam, Queen's Sin (with Red Romp l/g of course!), Wild Bout You (d/c), Classic Dame Mattene l/s, Diva and Ruby Woo. I wear just about all of them with Currant or Velvetella l/s. Oh...and Fantiplastico lip lacquer is SO HOT, it's a must have. Don't forget to write that one down!!!
drools.gif

I'll have pics on Friday!

braidey

Christian Dior diorkiss in Red Currant and Caramel Apple are the best red lipgloss

MAC's Red Romp

Revlon SL lipgloss in Hearthrob Red, Cherry Crystal, Cupid Kiss, and Cherries in the Glow

Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush l/g in Cherry Bomb

Maybelline Shinylicious in Cinnamon Apple

AfricanaEyes

I'm not big BIG on red lipsticks but for the right look, I think I can pull it off. I only own one lippie from the Mattene collection; Rapturous. One good red lipstick is good enough for me. I'm NW45 and don't mind wearing red lipstick, but it's not a color I would want to wear too often. IMO.

saj20052006

I prefer Ladybug (MAC). It's red, but not super bright and overpowering. I've tried other and they are just too much. I'm NC50 or NW45.

amoona

I wear red lips very frequently. At the very least once or twice a week. I usually wear Lady Danger l/s or Classic Dame l/s with Brick l/l and either Springbean l/g or Moonbathe l/g.

mishameesh

Wow, you guys rock
winks.gif
Thank you for all the lovely responses! Keep 'em commin! BeautyPsycho, thanks for the pic!
See, I knew red lipstick was cool! But I don't see many girls wearing it, here where I live. I see a few of those red lippies you all posted, have more than one fan!

Beauty Mark

I think a lot of people avoid wearing red lipstick, because it's hard to find the right red. It makes a bold statement, too, and a lot of people aren't comfortable with wearing things that draw attention to themselves. Also, I think it's a little more work to wear red; I like my red lipstick to stay on like I just applied it. I think it's more prominent when it wears from eating/drinking/etc.