????? Your Thoughts on Brush #219 (Pencil Brush)

shadowaddict

Ok, I have the se version of this brush and it's ok, haven't used it too much except for smudging liner. And of course I know there is big differences in full size brushes compared to se's. And the difference varies from brush to brush with some being a HUGE difference. But I was wondering if it is worth it for me to me buy the full size of the #219? I see so many looks where people use it for a darker crease color and it looks amazing. I'm still trying to get to using my dark e/s colors for more than just liner or using something over them that lightens them up. I see these cool looks with very dark e/s in like the outer "V" and want to get good at it as I'm still practicing. I don't mind buying it if it really is much better.

Also do you guys like the #231 & the #228? I'm on the fence about these two? Thank you.

CosmePro

I love the 219, I use it everyday. It's great for highlight right close to the brow (at the hightest point) and I use it for placement of that same highlight right in the inner corner of my eyes.

OH! and the 228 is great for lipstick!

xxManBeaterxx

The 219 is one of the brushes i reach for often, but i think people can get away with not having one. I love it for a highlight color in the inner corner of the eye, and its definately HG material when it comes to darkening your crease and blending it out with the 217 or 224. I do use it for smuding eyeliner and adding color to the lower lash line. But come to think of it i can just use my 239 brush to do everything the 219 does, with slightly less precision.

The 231 and 228 are completely different brushes. You can use them both as lip brushes. I use the 231 as a lip brush and as an eyeliner. I use the 228 for the exact same purposes i use the 219, and maybe if i wanted to pack on a lot of color on my lid.

BloopBloop

i think the 219 is one of those brushes that you get just to add on to your collection. I dont think its necessary. you can pick up a cheaper smudge/pencil brush and it would do the same thing imo.

M.A.C. head.

I like to use it for putting shadow on the bottom lash line and for work on the tear duct and the crease as well.

jennifer.

i agree that the #219 is essential. i also used an SE version of it for a long time until i decided i needed a full size as well. i've noticed the full size is a little stiffer than my SE but i thought that was a good thing since it's more precise when i need it to be.

i was also on the fence about the #228 & #231 a while back. i wanted something stiff for 'cut crease' type looks and chose the #231. i actually tend to use it more for packing on pigments that have that bad fall out texture (i.e., rose) on the eyelid. it definitely gives me more control over that than a #239 in that aspect, so it's not a completely useless brush.

MelodyAngel

I love my 219...I use it for precise crease work, adding highlight to the upper brow and tear ducts, smudging out liner, smoking out the lower lid, and I use it with mixing medium to lay down glitter or pigments.

GlamYOURUs

I also have the 219 SE and I like it. But I don't know otherwise b/c I don't own full sized ones yet. However, there are so many dupes out there for cheap like the Essense Of Beauty brushes you can find at your local CVS. I bought a set of 2 that had one like the 219 and another fluffier one for the crease and I love it!

TheeBettyBoop

it a must have for me; you could use this brush to apply product to your inner eye, bottom lash line, smudge liner/shadow, do the cut crease, perfect for the outer V, gosh... is just essential.

TheeBettyBoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I also have the 219 SE and I like it. But I don't know otherwise b/c I don't own full sized ones yet. However, there are so many dupes out there for cheap like the Essense Of Beauty brushes you can find at your local CVS. I bought a set of 2 that had one like the 219 and another fluffier one for the crease and I love it!

That's true, I have this two and they are good and cheap too.

laguayaca

I have both and I can say I rarely reach for them perhaps I should give them some love. Like above I agree there's prob great dupes for less. Def not an essential for me.

kariii

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer.
i agree that the #219 is essential. i also used an SE version of it for a long time until i decided i needed a full size as well. i've noticed the full size is a little stiffer than my SE but i thought that was a good thing since it's more precise when i need it to be.

i was also on the fence about the #228 & #231 a while back. i wanted something stiff for 'cut crease' type looks and chose the #231. i actually tend to use it more for packing on pigments that have that bad fall out texture (i.e., rose) on the eyelid. it definitely gives me more control over that than a #239 in that aspect, so it's not a completely useless brush.

For a crease cut, you should try the #212.. it's amazing and so precise!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
The 219 is one of the brushes i reach for often, but i think people can get away with not having one. I love it for a highlight color in the inner corner of the eye, and its definately HG material when it comes to darkening your crease and blending it out with the 217 or 224. I do use it for smuding eyeliner and adding color to the lower lash line. But come to think of it i can just use my 239 brush to do everything the 219 does, with slightly less precision.

The 231 and 228 are completely different brushes. You can use them both as lip brushes. I use the 231 as a lip brush and as an eyeliner. I use the 228 for the exact same purposes i use the 219, and maybe if i wanted to pack on a lot of color on my lid.

I love the 219 also.. and use it for crease, tear duct and outer lower lid shadows. It is a fabulous brush but I don't see any difference with the SE or the longer one.. I agree the 217 is indispensable for blending and also for buffing concealer
smiles.gif

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
Ok, gonna sound stupid here but what is a crease cut?

if you search for 'crease' in the fotd forum, a few would probably come up. it's basically a sharp defined crease as opposed to being completely blended out. you can also google it.

sorry, i'm no good at explaining it well.

also thanks to kariii for that tip!

ladyJ

I always use the 219. I think it is def. worth getting the full size. I don't own any SE but I love this brush. You can do a lot with it.

kleigh09

A couple of others hit the nail on the head. It's not a must-have brush in my opinion. I wish I had put that money toward the #109 instead.

I use it but mainly because I'd feel guilty otherwise.

nunu

I use the 219 for my lower lid and for smudgine eyeliner and applying a highlight for the tear duct area. I also use it sometimes to outline the outer v of the eye.

I use the 228 to apply es on the lower lid and blending it.

Shimmer

I think the 219 is one of the most precise brushes I've ever had. I've got cheaper versions but they're not as stiff and precise as the 219 is. I love it, I've got two.