JillBug

here are my 5 favorites:

1. fleurdeforce
2. pixi2woo
3. missglamorazzi
4. xsparkage
5. makeupgeektv

m_3

When I first started watching beauty gurus on YouTube I was all about it, however nowadays I'm a little hesitant because I feel like something is always being sold to me.

1.lipSH0CK- She was on YT before, but left and came back. Her tutorials are very thorough, she uses high end and drugstore make up and she replies back to comments
2.vintageortacky‬‏ - she's seems like such a sweet woman and I love her bright looks
3.colouredbeautiful‬‏ - a WOC who isn't afraid of color and uses all kinds cosmetics
4.julieg713‬‏ - I love her tutorials
5.QueenofBlendingMUA‬‏ - she was one of the first people I subscribe too. I pretty learned everything I know from her

Cupquake03

Oooh Goodie! I just discovered the amazingness of YT. I have learned so much! haha I think I am actually only subscribed to 5 beauty related channels right now but I'll list them all! In no particular order...

1. leighannsays (not all beauty, she does a lot of OOTD but she has some good tutorials and I like watching her hauls! I think she is so funny...)
2. MakeupByTiffanyD (already mentioned above many times... )
3. Miss80Million (if you are into nail stamping check her out!)
4. MakeupGeekTV (I finally mastered the smokey eye because of watching her vids!)
5. MsGoldgirl (I like her product reviews)

m_3

What's your favorite YouTube channel for MAC reviews?

Temptalia, mainly because she usually gets most (if not all) of the collection that she's reviewing. Most other gurus can only get a few items.

mercurysmile

1. Pixiwoo and Pixi2woo (I know they're different but they're one big family so I group them together)
2. Lisaeldridgedotcom (amazing MUA with great informative videos, her vintage makeup series was very interesting)
3. xsparkage
4. makeupgeektv
5. emilynoel83
These top 5 I think are great for solid makeup advice. I watch a lot of other youtube beauty gurus but it's more just because I like their style and tastes in makeup and fashion or because they live in Canada (lol, represent!).
To tag on a few more:
- missglamourazzi
- fleurdeforce
- amarixe
- allthatglitters21
- temptalia (for reviews!)
- gemsmaquillage

Honey&LemonGirl

For reviews, I like the person to be really really comprehensive/thorough, and have an unbiased air about them. Plus they need to talk about products/ranges that I'm interested in! My top picks are:
- Raeview
- dustyohunter
- CosmeticsCharlotte72
- FleurdeForce
- pinkiecharm

For tutorials, I like a combination of creative looks that give me a little inspiration (even if I can't apply makeup at that level or even if I would never wear that look outdoors), mixed in with super easy, wearable looks (night & day looks, looks that take just 5-10 minutes). My top picks are:
- pixiwoo
- pixi2woo
- lisaeldridgedotcom
- mathildeL87
- AModelRecommends

The gurus whose videos I click on first in my subscription box (pretty much no matter what kind of video it is):
- pixiwoo
- pixi2woo
- ttsandra
- lisaeldridgedotcom
- mathildeL87

DILLIGAF

For reviews, I like the person to be really really comprehensive/thorough, and have an unbiased air about them. Plus they need to talk about products/ranges that I'm interested in! My top picks are:
- Raeview
- dustyohunter
- CosmeticsCharlotte72
- FleurdeForce
- pinkiecharm

For tutorials, I like a combination of creative looks that give me a little inspiration (even if I can't apply makeup at that level or even if I would never wear that look outdoors), mixed in with super easy, wearable looks (night & day looks, looks that take just 5-10 minutes). My top picks are:
- pixiwoo
- pixi2woo
- lisaeldridgedotcom
- mathildeL87
- AModelRecommends

The gurus whose videos I click on first in my subscription box (pretty much no matter what kind of video it is):
- pixiwoo
- pixi2woo
- ttsandra
- lisaeldridgedotcom
- mathildeL87

I'm falling in love with lisaeldridgedotcom. Her video quality is amazing and she is clear and easy to follow.

V15U4L3RR0R

BeautyARTStudio
lisaeldridgedotcom
gossmakeupartist
Lipka1000
Pixiwoo
EyesOnUMakeup
raemorrismakeup

For reviews I always pay attention to pinkiecharm and gossmakeupartist

LMD84

I watch a lot of Youtube 'Gurus' but there are only a few I actually go back to.

The two channels I literally sit there refreshing for new videos (lol) are pixiwoo and gossmakeupartist. Sam and Nic have honestly taught me so much about makeup and I really enjoy watching their tutorials and Wayne is so quirky but gives as much information about techniques or products as he can and doesn't takes ages to get to the point in his videos.

I also like kandeejohnson, isaeldridgedotcom and dope2111 for her transformations!

I'd also like to ask, has anyone else found it quite difficult to find 'good' youtubers? By this I just mean genuine, honest and informative ones. The beauty community I once knew has changed quite a lot. :(
i too think that they beauty community has changed quite a bit. some in a great way and some in a bad way. for me i prefer to watch people that review and actually use products that they bought with their own money. i am fed up of seeing people only review stuff they were sent by pr and say how great it is. however i find it weird you never see them use it in a tutorial!

Shypo

Great thread! I'm only just getting going with YT vids but I love gossmakeupartist, pixiwoo and misschievous.

makeupbyleslie

Def. 1. NikkiTutorials
2. xsparkage
3. hayleyistcb
4. EmilyNoel93
5. pixi2woo
I loove them so much!
They're some of the realest guru's unlike Elle and Blair and Michelle Phan

Kelly Jane

jrzgirlz - my top favorite beauty guru. Been watching her grow up on youtube and she is very genuine.
heart.gif

Cara

MakeupGeekTv
Gossmakeupartist
FleurDeForce
BEATFACEHONEY
I have like another 5 favourites .... but for the last one, i shall pick....

Pixiwoo

:)