YSL Discussion Thread

katred

Specktra Bestie
A mint lipstick for Spring?
thud.gif

Twitter / sekitatsu74: イヴ・サンローラン発表会。天然石にインスパイアされて ...
Interesting... unfortunately, it looks like one of the RV Candy shades, which tend to be very, very sheer. Plus that formula hates my lips.

CartoonChic

I'm interested in the mint lipstick also, but it's an RV type formula and it may not agree with me. I haven't tried an RV Candy yet, but the normal RVs are a no go.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Can someone tell me if the Touche Eclat highlighter pen has the same scent as the TE foundation? I had a sample of the foundation (BR50 I think, way too dark for me, but tried it on anyway. I think the BR10 could be a good match for me) I really like the formula and finish, but my eyes started watering and I think it's because of the perfume in it :( I wanted to order the pen for the longest time now, but I'm afraid it's scented just like the foundation. That would be a deal breaker.

Interesting... unfortunately, it looks like one of the RV Candy shades, which tend to be very, very sheer. Plus that formula hates my lips.
Is it drying? I haven't tried the RV Candy yet. I only played with the RV at the counter, but they were a creamy smeary mess, so I never took a second look at them. If the Candy ones are similar to Chanel's RC Shine I might like them.

Dominique33

I love the quad ! Thanks for sharing,
goodjob.gif
( again ) !
I found some photos on Chic Profile, I really need this beautiful quad.
The lipstick well, let's wait to see it in person

katred

Specktra Bestie
Can someone tell me if the Touche Eclat highlighter pen has the same scent as the TE foundation? I had a sample of the foundation (BR50 I think, way too dark for me, but tried it on anyway. I think the BR10 could be a good match for me) I really like the formula and finish, but my eyes started watering and I think it's because of the perfume in it :( I wanted to order the pen for the longest time now, but I'm afraid it's scented just like the foundation. That would be a deal breaker.

Is it drying? I haven't tried the RV Candy yet. I only played with the RV at the counter, but they were a creamy smeary mess, so I never took a second look at them. If the Candy ones are similar to Chanel's RC Shine I might like them.
I find them much sheerer than the RC Shines, although it probably varies depending on colour. I find the regular RVs quite drying on my lips, although many more people find them moisturising.

kimibos

chic profile has the color story now;
http://www.chicprofile.com/2012/11/ysl-spring-2013-makeup-collection-spring-summer-2013-launches-new-info.html

kimibos

i want this 3 badly!!! Lacquer Couture
  • #34 Jade Imperial -light turquoise (New)
Candy Floss Lipstick – Limited Edition

• Frosted Mint
False Lash Mascara – Limited Edition
  • Green Emerald

CartoonChic

ohh noo. i have never tried their lipsticks. this would be my first one from them.
Like katred, I haven't tried the RV Candy formula. Just the regular RV formula, so it may apply differently. I'm still going to check it out because it may be different. I enjoy YSL's Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks and have no problems with that formula. I'm hoping the missing RPC will be another mint color.

Monsy

i have both i will check for the scent and let you know

katred

Specktra Bestie
I find the regular RVs to be a greasy mess.
nonono.gif
Agreed.

I notice that these are "Candy Floss" rather than RV Candy shades. Wonder if that means it's a slightly different formula. I have a couple of layering shades in blue, so I'm not sure I need another one. Although I was thinking of getting that green-tonged gloss that YSL has out with their holiday collection. Really, though, I'm more interested to see what the RPC is. Still one of my favourite lipstick formulas.

kimibos

Agreed.

I notice that these are "Candy Floss" rather than RV Candy shades. Wonder if that means it's a slightly different formula. I have a couple of layering shades in blue, so I'm not sure I need another one. Although I was thinking of getting that green-tonged gloss that YSL has out with their holiday collection. Really, though, I'm more interested to see what the RPC is. Still one of my favourite lipstick formulas.
i want that gloss but its not available here in the ysl website. all they have is the palette, polishes and lipsticks. its not even at nordstroms :(

CartoonChic

i want that gloss but its not available here in the ysl website. all they have is the palette, polishes and lipsticks. its not even at nordstroms :(
I want the holiday gloss, too. They sure seem to be taking their sweet time making it available. If the new spring RPC isn't mint, I would love for it to be purple. I was excited for purple RAs in the Chanel spring collection, but they seem like they may be more toned down and not as purple as I was expecting.

kimibos

i went to the ysl counter in nordstrom. no lipglosses and no highlight powder. the SA had no idea what i was asking about. the sad thing is i can barely afford ysl here, there's no way i can afford a cp from europe. im going to email them right now.
ssad.gif

kimibos

I want the holiday gloss, too. They sure seem to be taking their sweet time making it available. If the new spring RPC isn't mint, I would love for it to be purple. I was excited for purple RAs in the Chanel spring collection, but they seem like they may be more toned down and not as purple as I was expecting.
i want blue chanel and ysl lippies. and a crazy blue tone purple of course
heart2.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Crap. I haven't had a chance to check my counters here, but I hope it isn't Europe only. I know that with the Fall collection, three of the six matte shades were only released in Europe.