Zero Vs. Carbon

BunnyBunnyBunny

Zero.jpg

VS.
Carbon.jpg

Urban Decay's Zero Vs. MAC's Carbon.​

I really want a black eyeshadow. I have a few Black Tieds (MAC), Beauty Marked (MAC), Sharkskin (MAC), Night Clubbing (NARS), and Smashing Envy (Smashbox), but I just cannot get enough black. I want to either get Zero or Carbon next. I think I have read that the Deluxe Urban Decay eyeshadows contain more product than normal MAC shadows. I know that there is a three dollar price difference, but what do you guys suggest? What do you LOVE about each, hate or dislike? Thanks guys!!

aziajs

I love Carbon. I think everyone should own it. It's a deep dark, matte black. I *think* zero has shimmer or a more frosted/metallic finish.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I love Carbon. I think everyone should own it. It's a deep dark, matte black. I *think* zero has shimmer or a more frosted/metallic finish.

Thank you so much!

Anyone else's opinions? Maybe swatches? =D

KittyLuv

I own both and the Carbon is a matte black and zero is a shimmery almost black. If you want dark black I would go with Carbon since Zero shows up more grey on my NW20 skin. HTH

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLuv
I own both and the Carbon is a matte black and zero is a shimmery almost black. If you want dark black I would go with Carbon since Zero shows up more grey on my NW20 skin. HTH

Awesome, thank you!!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLuv
I own both and the Carbon is a matte black and zero is a shimmery almost black.

Thanks. I was pretty sure it had shimmer but it's been so long since I swatched it I wasn't 100% sure.

Bunny, Zero and Black Tied are pretty similar, FYI.

I was actually trying to decide on one of those too & I think i'm going to end up choosing Carbon, it looks more.. black black, if you know what I mean
thmbup.gif

<3

giz2000

Check out Makeup Forever's Black #4...it's super matte and black and comparable to MAC's Carbon..hth!

astronaut

I found MAC's carbon to be the blackest black. I went throughout the whole mall and swatched every black shadow from every makeup place I could find and compared them all with each other. MAC won. I used to have Zero (returned it because it wasn't black enough) and it has a hint of grey and Carbon is much darker. When I put my very very black clinqiue liquid liner over Carbon, I could barely see the liner because the shadow was so dark. When I used Zero, the liner was pretty visable over it.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Thanks everyone! Like I said I have a few black shadows already. They all have black sparkles in them, so I want a completely different black, and I think I'll have to pick up Carbon soon! =D

BunnyBunnyBunny

I went to Sephora today and swatched Zero on my hand. I liked it okay. Looks sort of like a less sparkley Black Tied, a dark charcoal with sparklies. I also swatched Oil Slick (pretty much Black Tied dupe), Night Breed by NARS (amazingly sparkly ---- must get SOON), Licorice by Hard Candy (didn't stand out in anyway in my opinion), some kind of cream shadow by Dior called Glam and Glitz or something (not impressed, just a fluffy creamy black with minimal sparkles. Seemed like the jar was too small to pay 30 bucks for) and Matte Black by Sephora (which I liked okay). I then went to MAC and swatched Carbon next to them all, and it was definitely the smoothest and the darkest black I could find. So I bought it. Thank you everyone for your input!!

BadBadGirl

What a great thread. Usually I go with UD over MAC, but not this time. I'm going to buy that Carbon. The Nars Night Breed looks hot too- I want to see that in person.

TamiChoi

Carbon to give you the blackest black color, very great for the smokey eyes look too!
Zero is a shimmery and it's not as black as Carbon.
Carbon has a great finish as well! HTH!

User49

I haven't tried the UD one, but if it has shimmer I reckon your better off with Carbon. With a matt black you can use it for ANY look. You already have black tied which has a shimmer in it. I love using carbon with the 224 to just blend into any look in the crease. One of my favorite ways to use it is to smudge smolder all across the eyelid with the 219 brush, then blend something like mystery or quarry over that with the 224 and then a bit of carbon just in the crease and smudged under the lower lash line.

Also when you run out of carbon you can add it to your pack of 6 things to back to mac to get a free lipstick!

Carbon! :0)

User49

I haven't tried the UD one, but if it has shimmer I reckon your better off with Carbon. With a matt black you can use it for ANY look. You already have black tied which has a shimmer in it. I love using carbon with the 224 to just blend into any look in the crease. One of my favorite ways to use it is to smudge smolder all across the eyelid with the 219 brush, then blend something like mystery or quarry over that with the 224 and then a bit of carbon just in the crease and smudged under the lower lash line.

Also when you run out of carbon you can add it to your pack of 6 things to back to mac to get a free lipstick!

BUT I also have to say I love the black mineralize that comes in Hot Contrast! It goes on SOOOO BLACK!!!!

Carbon! :0)