Zero Vs. Carbon

User49

I haven't tried the UD one, but if it has shimmer I reckon your better off with Carbon. With a matt black you can use it for ANY look. You already have black tied which has a shimmer in it. I love using carbon with the 224 to just blend into any look in the crease. One of my favorite ways to use it is to smudge smolder all across the eyelid with the 219 brush, then blend something like mystery or quarry over that with the 224 and then a bit of carbon just in the crease and smudged under the lower lash line.

Also when you run out of carbon you can add it to your pack of 6 things to back to mac to get a free lipstick!

BUT I also have to say I love the black mineralize that comes in Hot Contrast! It goes on SOOOO BLACK!!!!

Carbon! :0)

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNeill59
OH MY GOD. BEST. BLACK. E/S. EVER. is.......
Makeup Designory Black Onyx, go to Make-up Designory: Make-up Schools and Cosmetics to find out more

Black Onyx is just as pigmented, if not more pigmented than Carbon, but its softer and more blendable. Seriously. I work with Carbon on the daily and I'm telling you, Black Onyx is better

I'm always forgetting about my MUD pallete but yeah they are extremely pigmented, so much so that sometimes you need to use a face powder while blending. At least that is what my friend who took the same class did.