Zoya anyone?

CandeeNova

So I've been looking through the threads to see if anyone else has this problem with their nails but I didn't find anything.
My nails are pretty strong and healthy. But when I polish them regularly ...eeeshh They get so fragile! Break easily, peel, etc. I mostly use Ulta brand nail polishes, but I've been looking into Zoya because I hear that they're all natural.
Has anyone tried Zoya? Thoughts?
Does anyone have any suggestions to stop the madness that happens when I polish regularly?

PLMK
winks.gif

fly_easy

I got Zoya polishes when they had the 3 free nail polishes with a code thing from twitter. I don't care for them.
The colors are great but when I've worn them they tend chip really quickly. I hadn't even gone to work yet when they chipped and I don't do much.
I've also had to thin them for it to actually look somewhat good.
I suggest if you really want them then order 1 and try it. I made the mistake of getting 6.

gildedangel

Have you tried using a base coat? It works like a buffer between your nail and the polish and helps the polish last longer. You may also be having a reaction to an ingredient in nail polish; which is why your nails are going to heck when you use polish.

TexasBelle

I love Zoya polishes and have found that they wear longer (without chipping) than any of my OPI or China Glaze polishes do.

But I haven't found Zoya to be any better for the health and condition of my nails than any other polish. I'm on a "polish break" this week, in fact, as my nails have become so yellow and brittle from having constantly worn polish for the last couple of months.

greengoesmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandeeNova
So I've been looking through the threads to see if anyone else has this problem with their nails but I didn't find anything.
My nails are pretty strong and healthy. But when I polish them regularly ...eeeshh They get so fragile! Break easily, peel, etc. I mostly use Ulta brand nail polishes, but I've been looking into Zoya because I hear that they're all natural.
Has anyone tried Zoya? Thoughts?
Does anyone have any suggestions to stop the madness that happens when I polish regularly?

PLMK
winks.gif

Zoya are pretty good, the only problem I found is my country!
winks.gif

They have strong pigments and last a good few days before chunks start to come off. If you let the coats ENTIRELY dry before applying the next, otherwise it makes a big mess. I tend to have to wait about 15-20 minutes between coats.

If your problem is peeling and breaking, I would seriously suggest Biotin (they are veggie friendly!
greengrin.gif
). I started taking suppliments about 5 weeks ago (On recc from someone here) and have already noted a difference. My nails seem to be happy to grow about 3-4mm longer before breaking so far.

Nails are a lot like hair in some ways once they leave the bed what you have is dead, when you overwash hair, it dries out, gets brittle, gets split ends and breaks. Your nails do the same, only nail varnish and remover is a lot harsher. Intensive nail conditioners would probably help you here.

Avon do a "Peeling and brittleness solver" which smells slightly of sausage rolls. It's good for nails that are dry due to eczema. It's about £5.00.

If your nails are still strong and not peeling but yellow, Lemon essential oil if applied three times a day will strip a lot of the yellow out over the course of a few days, and will also work to moisturise them at the same time as they will absorb a lot. (It's a bit like that old trick of using lemons to make highlights.. Only it's a lot less drying if you use the oil rather than juice.)

Lush make "Lemony flutter" which is a pretty good oil based (with limonene which is the active ingredient in lemons for stripping out stains. This is also found in other citrus fruits, but lemon the strongest, even peeling citrus fruits will help discoloured nails ever so slightly!) nail and cuticle conditioner. It won't strip them right out, but over time this will reduce yellowing assuming you're not topping it up!

talste

I purchased 2 Zoya colour collections (ChitChat & Gossip) with 6 polishes in each colour story.

They are mainly cremes, jellies & metallics. I'm not a huge fan of them at all but too be honest its been that long since I wore them (they live in the fridge now & dont see the light of day) that I can't really remember what I didn't like about them in the first place lol, I use Orly bonder as a base & either posche or seche vite as a top coat, nail magic as a treatment (yeah, I know that one contains formaldehyde) & buff/shine my nails when needed (about once a month) so I don't think any issues I had related to my nail prep or manicure routine.

I also take Biotin & find its great for hair & nails the only down side is taking the max recommended dosage caused cystic acne on my chin (easily remedied that by taking half the recommended dosage though).

fiction_writer

i have some zoya polishes and i really like them. this brand has some great colours. my only complaint is that zoya polishes take a long time to dry so you may need to use some quick dry drops.

bein_aranel

I have a lot of Zoya and I've never had problems with them. I use NailTek Foundation II as a basecoat and Seche Vite as my top coat and they've been fantastic at keeping my polishes looking new
smiles.gif

ruthless

Meh. I placed huge orders with Zoya back in 2003 when they still shipped internationally. I have to say I'm kind of over them now-I'd much rather be buying Essie or China Glaze. None of the colour collections really grab me.

I would like to re-enforce what the ladies are saying about a base coat above. A base coat like nailtek or nail envy will help your nails, nourish & protect them. All natural to me implies chemical free, which just isn't nail polish... it is essentially paint.

Chikky

I like Zoya. That's the only polish we carry at the salon where I work.

I type all day, and I find that my polish lasts a lonnnng time. On my hands, it's good for at least a week (unless I do something catastrophic to my nails accidentally). On my feet? Weeks!

Though I do know some people who have trouble keeping the polish on, many times it is because their nails just don't hold polish well overall. (If they are using base coat as supposed to.)