Cockatease vs. Monarch vs. Dainty Cake

Cygnette

I wasn't sure if anyone had compared all three yet, so I thought I'd write this comparison, since most people I've talked to only have one ot two out of the three. Please disregard if someone else has already posted something like this.
angelic.gif

I finally have all three (I love coral lips, always have, always will) and here are my impressions.

The darkest shade is Monarch, followed by Dainty Cake, and the lightest is Cockatease. Yes, of course, they're all very similar, but I love all three, so I have no regrets!!

Monarch has the most pink in it, IMO. The coral reflects this bright pink, and it's also the least frosty of the three.

Dainty Cake has some pink in it, more than Cockatease, but less than Monarch, and has that pronounced golden frost. It is the most frostly of the three but has significantly less shimmer/glitter than Cockatease.

Cockatease is the palest one, more of a daytime color than either of the other two, and the frost in this one is silvery rather than golden. Has more of the silvery chunks of glitter than either of the other two.

Maybe this makes you want some more or less, not sure, but anyway, hope someone gets some use out ot this! :p

mspixieears

The gold frost of Dainty Cake makes it near unwearable for me, so it's in retirement till next Aussie summer. Monarch however, is a much more 'solid' colour - I love it. It's more what I wanted DC to be - but I do have Cockatease coming! Monarch I agree definitely has more pink which is ace. Just my two cents' worth
lol.gif

By the way, Cygnette, if you love coral lips, I highly recommend Pout's Slow Dance l/s - it's matte but oh so divine - you should check it out! My Lure l/l will be getting plenty of use!

Cygnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
By the way, Cygnette, if you love coral lips, I highly recommend Pout's Slow Dance l/s - it's matte but oh so divine - you should check it out! My Lure l/l will be getting plenty of use!

Thanks for the tip!! I'll check it out
smiles.gif