Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  456
Likes Likes:  441
Page 664 of 664 FirstFirst ... 164 564 614 654 662 663 664

Thread: Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

  1. #19891
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of other brands, my Girly Bits order arrived in no time. They're all so pretty as well.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_151908476-jpg

  2. Likes boschicka liked this post
  3. #19892
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    I don't like this new system one bit. Also a new restock every week or two with just a few days' notice? Nah. There are other brands I've been planning on buying from and I've gone over my budget for this month anyway, so I'm not buying.
    Well I watched the swatch video again with sound and realised that I was mistaken - I don't like Gaia at all, it's the HHC custom! Iris still looks way too pale for me so I think I'll be getting just the one to add to Jet Fuel at Stackry. Fine by me! I thought I might be tempted once I saw swatching of Ships Are Sailing, but it's another that I don't want, so again money saved.
    I totally agree about the new way she's releasing - I'd rather have 20 once every 2 months, than 3 every week.

  4. Likes Anitacska, boschicka liked this post
  5. #19893
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Speaking of other brands, my Girly Bits order arrived in no time. They're all so pretty as well.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_151908476-jpg
    Lovely! The first two are stunning colours, enjoy.

  6. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka liked this post
  7. #19894
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Well I watched the swatch video again with sound and realised that I was mistaken - I don't like Gaia at all, it's the HHC custom! Iris still looks way too pale for me so I think I'll be getting just the one to add to Jet Fuel at Stackry. Fine by me! I thought I might be tempted once I saw swatching of Ships Are Sailing, but it's another that I don't want, so again money saved.
    I totally agree about the new way she's releasing - I'd rather have 20 once every 2 months, than 3 every week.
    I was wondering about Gaia, it's my least favourite of the 3. I also like the HHC exclusive one, but not sure if I'll buy it. I hardly buy from HHC nowadays, always talk myself out for some reason.

    Did you buy anything in the end?

  8. Likes boschicka, PearlyQueen liked this post
  9. #19895
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Lovely! The first two are stunning colours, enjoy.
    Thanks! And they're full of gorgeous flakies too!

  10. Likes boschicka liked this post
  11. #19896
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    I was wondering about Gaia, it's my least favourite of the 3. I also like the HHC exclusive one, but not sure if I'll buy it. I hardly buy from HHC nowadays, always talk myself out for some reason.

    Did you buy anything in the end?
    I ended up getting just the single one I planned to. They were all there but I was restrained for once.

  12. Likes Anitacska, boschicka liked this post
  13. #19897
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's taken me all week to get round to sorting this week's mani pics out! Polished for Days Light up the Darkness:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-2-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-4-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-5-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-6-jpg

    Thanks for this one Anita, I love it! It's got shimmer and multichrome and holo and flakies and all kinds of goodness...
    But it's very harmonious for all that. Not sure why the last two pics decided to rotate all by themselves...

  14. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
    Likes Anitacska, boschicka liked this post
  15. #19898
    Senior Member elkaknits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Speaking of other brands, my Girly Bits order arrived in no time. They're all so pretty as well.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_151908476-jpg
    love that cool toned lilac/pink (on my monitor). I don't have many girly bits. Maybe I even have none but you recommend the formula?

    ARGH never mind! I spent 2 days--TWO WHOLE DAYS--looking for a particular polish for my manicure and am feeling as I have way too too many. I am thinking of doing a huge purge or something. And I keep saying that and not doing it because polish is pretty
    Low Buy 2018!

  16. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
    Likes boschicka, Anitacska liked this post
  17. #19899
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    I ended up getting just the single one I planned to. They were all there but I was restrained for once.
    Well done! I'm resisting Hecate. Wish it had sold out already. But I'm going to remain strong, it would cost me about $18 with shipping and fees. I'm talking myself out of the HHC one too, PfD is releasing one that looks quite similar. Need to save up for EdM and Tonic and PPU as by the looks of it, I'm going to want a good few in June.

  18. Likes boschicka, PearlyQueen liked this post
  19. #19900
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    It's taken me all week to get round to sorting this week's mani pics out! Polished for Days Light up the Darkness:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-2-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-4-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-5-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-light-darkness-6-jpg

    Thanks for this one Anita, I love it! It's got shimmer and multichrome and holo and flakies and all kinds of goodness...
    But it's very harmonious for all that. Not sure why the last two pics decided to rotate all by themselves...
    You're welcome! It looks great on you. I haven't worn this one yet.

  20. Thanks PearlyQueen thanked for this post
  21. #19901
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elkaknits View Post
    love that cool toned lilac/pink (on my monitor). I don't have many girly bits. Maybe I even have none but you recommend the formula?

    ARGH never mind! I spent 2 days--TWO WHOLE DAYS--looking for a particular polish for my manicure and am feeling as I have way too too many. I am thinking of doing a huge purge or something. And I keep saying that and not doing it because polish is pretty
    Oh yes, absolutely! Girly Bits is one of my favourite brands, I've been buying them since 2013. And Pam, the maker is really lovely. The one you were referring to is Reveal, it's a thermal UP polish.

    I think we all have way too much polish, it doesn't stop me from buying though!

  22. Likes boschicka liked this post
  23. #19902
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few recent manis. First is Lilypad Lacquer You Got My Attention with Illyrian Polish Morpheus. Absolutely love the Illyrian and the colour of the Lilypad is gorgeous, but I didn't realise it had flakies in it and it just looks weird and bumpy.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190506_143511846-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190506_143522935-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190506_143619540-jpg

    Next is Chanel Tentation with KIKO 261, both 2012 untrieds. Love the Chanel very much.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_093653492-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_093738592-jpg

    This is Lilypad Lacquer Violet Moon with Polished for Days Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190510_093636337-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190510_093647676-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190510_115440366-jpg

    My current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Tanzanite Twinkle with Tonic Polish Oops! MFA-PI9. I got myself a large magnet that I can rest my finger on instead of hovering over the wet nail and it works really well. Still a bit of a faff, but I'm actually looking forward to using more magnetic polishes now. Also love the flakies in this one.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122815069-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122849679-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122858198-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122952479-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_123017451-jpg

    I've decided that I'm going to use all the remaining 2012 untrieds in the next few weeks, I think I have about 40 left and I really need the drawer I moved them into, so going forward I will only be using those (and maybe a different polish for the accents if I can't match them up with each other). There are a few nice colours left in there and a few less interesting ones, but I will tackle every single one of them.

    On another note, I went shopping today while my daughter and friend were watching a film (I was taxi), and picked up these polishes in Hema. The pink one says top coat, but it looks pretty opaque to me. They only cost about £1.50 anyway.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_174323152-jpg

  24. Likes boschicka liked this post
  25. #19903
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elkaknits View Post
    love that cool toned lilac/pink (on my monitor). I don't have many girly bits. Maybe I even have none but you recommend the formula?

    ARGH never mind! I spent 2 days--TWO WHOLE DAYS--looking for a particular polish for my manicure and am feeling as I have way too too many. I am thinking of doing a huge purge or something. And I keep saying that and not doing it because polish is pretty
    Don't get rid of polish - make a spreadsheet!

  26. Likes Anitacska liked this post
  27. #19904
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post
    Here are a few recent manis. First is Lilypad Lacquer You Got My Attention with Illyrian Polish Morpheus. Absolutely love the Illyrian and the colour of the Lilypad is gorgeous, but I didn't realise it had flakies in it and it just looks weird and bumpy.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190506_143511846-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190506_143522935-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190506_143619540-jpg

    Next is Chanel Tentation with KIKO 261, both 2012 untrieds. Love the Chanel very much.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_093653492-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190508_093738592-jpg

    This is Lilypad Lacquer Violet Moon with Polished for Days Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190510_093636337-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190510_093647676-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190510_115440366-jpg

    My current mani is Lilypad Lacquer Tanzanite Twinkle with Tonic Polish Oops! MFA-PI9. I got myself a large magnet that I can rest my finger on instead of hovering over the wet nail and it works really well. Still a bit of a faff, but I'm actually looking forward to using more magnetic polishes now. Also love the flakies in this one.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122815069-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122849679-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122858198-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_122952479-jpg Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_123017451-jpg

    I've decided that I'm going to use all the remaining 2012 untrieds in the next few weeks, I think I have about 40 left and I really need the drawer I moved them into, so going forward I will only be using those (and maybe a different polish for the accents if I can't match them up with each other). There are a few nice colours left in there and a few less interesting ones, but I will tackle every single one of them.

    On another note, I went shopping today while my daughter and friend were watching a film (I was taxi), and picked up these polishes in Hema. The pink one says top coat, but it looks pretty opaque to me. They only cost about £1.50 anyway.

    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-img_20190512_174323152-jpg
    Love these! The first Lilypad purple is beautiful, and Morpheus is lovely. The pinks look great. The blues are pretty, and yay for a working Tonic magnetic!
    Nice mini haul too, I've given those up!

  28. Thanks Anitacska thanked for this post
  29. #19905
    Senior Member PearlyQueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new mani is Takko Lacquer Alexandrite:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-2-jpg
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-3-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-4-jpg
    This is really nice, and has a bit of a purple/pink shimmer going on that's hard to capture.

  30. Likes boschicka, Anitacska liked this post
  31. #19906
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    Love these! The first Lilypad purple is beautiful, and Morpheus is lovely. The pinks look great. The blues are pretty, and yay for a working Tonic magnetic!
    Nice mini haul too, I've given those up!
    Thanks. It wasn't so much that the Tonic magnetics weren't working well, it was partly that I struggled to get them to work and also found that those topcoats were just not that exciting.

    I like picking up cheap polish once in a while, I feel less guilty than when I order $12 bottle ones from the US, hahaha.

    Speaking of which, I ended up ordering the HHC Illyrian and got the DRK magnetic to go with it. Still resisting Hecate though....

  32. Likes boschicka liked this post
  33. #19907
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    7,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyQueen View Post
    My new mani is Takko Lacquer Alexandrite:
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-1-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-2-jpg
    Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-3-jpgNail Polish Discussion - Any Brand-alexandrite-4-jpg
    This is really nice, and has a bit of a purple/pink shimmer going on that's hard to capture.
    Ooh pretty!

  • Display all images
  • Page 664 of 664 FirstFirst ... 164 564 614 654 662 663 664

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •