Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  44
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the "new" site here!

  1. #571
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anneri View Post
    None. That's the weird thing about it. I click on upload, and - nothing happens.
    Just tried again and it worked fine (although the image I uploaded was rotated in the thumbnail creation)

    Try clearing your safari website data (Settings -> Safari -> clear history and website data) as it sounds like it may be a corrupted cache

    - Simon
    Specktra Developer

  2. Thanks Dawn, Anitacska, Anneri thanked for this post
  3. #572
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does it say ACCESS DENIED when we post a link?
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  4. #573
    Senior Member Anitacska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    6,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried it, it doesn't say that for me.

  5. #574
    Moderator shellygrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Why does it say ACCESS DENIED when we post a link?
    A little while back something was changed on the backend so when we post links they give us a website's title text (this is what you'd see at the top of your browser's tab, if you're on a computer) as the link text instead of the visible URL (what shows up in the browser's address bar). And once in a blue moon, that's what happens. (I think it's happened only a couple of times on here.)

    You can always edit your post and change the text portion (this is if you're not using the WYSIWYG/Enhanced editor):

    [ url="this is the website address" ]this is the text you'd want to change[ /url ] (no spaces, of course.)
    NARS SG Siberia(ish) & RCC Chantilly; Kevyn Aucoin SSE in SX01; ABH Stick Foundation in Porcelain; circa 10-15 in MAC intensity. Oily t-zone.
    Team Low-Buy 2014-17 | Twitter & Instagram: mizshellytee
    Support Specktra with a Subscription | Specktra Rules & TOS | Tips on Asking for Recommendations | The Scoop

  6. Thanks elegant-one thanked for this post
  7. #575
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    . There are about 6 of them. <-----well, it just happened again. It seems to happen when I click the back button to correct spelling or add something.
    It says enhanced interface. I'll have to check on the plugins
    Could you try changing your editor to the standard one for a few days. It won't format your replies in the box as you edit them but it might help me track down where the issue is happening

    - Simon
    Specktra Developer

  8. #576
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Why does it say ACCESS DENIED when we post a link?
    If it happens again can you screenshot the page showing the error and upload it here please. (On windows search for an application called Snipping Tool to capture and save your screenshot.Its a built in tool in vista and later)

    - Simon
    Specktra Developer

  9. #577
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    If it happens again can you screenshot the page showing the error and upload it here please. (On windows search for an application called Snipping Tool to capture and save your screenshot.Its a built in tool in vista and later)

    - Simon
    Will this work:

    MAC Metallic Lips (March 23, 2017)

    First post on that page.

    And, I'll try the standard editor. Thanks
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  10. #578
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Will this work:

    MAC Metallic Lips (March 23, 2017)

    First post on that page.

    And, I'll try the standard editor. Thanks
    Any update on if switching editors has helped?
    Specktra Developer

  11. #579
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    Any update on if switching editors has helped?
    It still did it intermittently like before. It mostly does it in a quoted reply & when I hit the back button to correct a spelling error.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  12. #580
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    It still did it intermittently like before. It mostly does it in a quoted reply & when I hit the back button to correct a spelling error.
    Wait how are you clicking the back button to fix spelling errors? You said you were using quick reply which would actually take you away from the thread you were posting on. Are you sure you are using quick reply?

    - Simon
    Specktra Developer

  13. #581
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    Wait how are you clicking the back button to fix spelling errors? You said you were using quick reply which would actually take you away from the thread you were posting on. Are you sure you are using quick reply?

    - Simon
    Well, I thought I switched it.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  14. #582
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    Well, I thought I switched it.
    I think we may be having some crossed wires. There are two ways to post a reply, quick reply and advanced reply

    Quick reply is like below where the reply box is either below the post you are replying to or at the bottom of the thread

    Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the &quot;new&quot; site here!-screen-shot-2017-04-02-22-09-43-png

    Advanced is like follows where its on its own page

    Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the &quot;new&quot; site here!-screen-shot-2017-04-02-22-08-38-png
    Specktra Developer

  15. #583
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean I got my wires crossed I got it.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  16. #584
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post
    You mean I got my wires crossed I got it.
    So which method of posting are you using when you get the issue?
    Specktra Developer

  17. #585
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uploaded photos are again sideways.

  18. #586
    Senior Member elegant-one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    34,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    So which method of posting are you using when you get the issue?
    After testing it for a few days, the problem is only in the quick reply.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous - Coco Chanel

  19. #587
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    Uploaded photos are again sideways.
    That's not really a forum issue but rather the camera taking the photo thats the problem. Some of them, mainly camera's on phones and especially the iPhone 'cheat' when it comes to changing a photo's orientation during the shooting of it. Rather than actually orientating the image it shoots them all in portrait with the home button being the bottom, then in the EXIF data it tells the device how it should be orientated. The problem is many pieces of software can't read the EXIF data so it uses the raw orientation. I'm not sure if its possible to use a plugin to read the EXIF data and sort out the orientation of images

    - Simon
    Specktra Developer

  20. #588
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Report issues, feedback and suggestions with the &quot;new&quot; site here!-img_0021-jpg


    test test
    Specktra Developer

  21. #589
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    Uploaded photos are again sideways.
    Can you try uploading a few of the problem images again?
    Specktra Developer

  22. #590
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every image is a problem

  23. #591
    Senior Member Monsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago , IL
    Posts
    9,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    That's not really a forum issue but rather the camera taking the photo thats the problem. Some of them, mainly camera's on phones and especially the iPhone 'cheat' when it comes to changing a photo's orientation during the shooting of it. Rather than actually orientating the image it shoots them all in portrait with the home button being the bottom, then in the EXIF data it tells the device how it should be orientated. The problem is many pieces of software can't read the EXIF data so it uses the raw orientation. I'm not sure if its possible to use a plugin to read the EXIF data and sort out the orientation of images

    - Simon
    i do not have iphone

    it happened both when trying to upload from my android phone and from the computer (photos that were not taken with phone but my nikon camera)

  24. #592
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsy View Post
    i do not have iphone

    it happened both when trying to upload from my android phone and from the computer (photos that were not taken with phone but my nikon camera)
    I didn't say only iPhones though, they are the worst culprit as its an issue on every iPhone but I said its mainly (but not only) a phone problem. If your device cheats when it comes orientation and rather than orienting the image it just writes metadata about the orientation and relies on the software to orientate based on this metadata then you have issues with any software that can't use this metadata, web platforms such as vBulletin especially are prone to this.

    Anyway if you could upload some of the problem images to this thread that would be appreciated
    Specktra Developer

  25. #593
    Developer Bingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    #testing Just testing is hashtags are turned on
    Last edited by Bingo; April 15th, 2017 at 03:09 PM.
    Specktra Developer

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •