6 month old baby

tsukiyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
I had my babyboy next to me the first 8 weeks, then we noticed we didn't sleep to well, and we put him in his crib at night. I have seen too many mothers around me that keeps sleeping with their children until the kids are 3 or older. These children still think they can't sleep for themselves, cosleeping has made them insecure. Sure every mother should decide for themselves, but they are deciding for the baby, and then it's good to know cosequences. It's much harder for an older child to learn how to sleep on it's own. That's why I don't like the romantisizing around cosleeping. At least after the first months.

That's a generalising statement.
ssad.gif
My child will ask to sleep in her own bed one day. They eventually grow out of it.

glamqueen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
That's a generalising statement.
ssad.gif
My child will ask to sleep in her own bed one day. They eventually grow out of it.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I know at least 5 children who did not ask to sleep on their own, and ended up dependent. You're baby is still young, but eventually babies need help with making the step to the crib.

tsukiyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I know at least 5 children who did not ask to sleep on their own, and ended up dependent. You're baby is still young, but eventually babies need help with making the step to the crib.

I disagree with you there. I think that children eventually grow out of everything.

belldandy13

this was meant to be a positive thread and while i respect everyone's opinions, i would appreciate if everyone else showed the same respect and not impose their opinions on others! thanks ladies! let's stay positive - yay parenthood!!!

tsukiyomi

I apologise. I just get a little upset when people insult my parenting ways.
smiles.gif
To each their own. <3

belldandy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
I apologise. I just get a little upset when people insult my parenting ways.
smiles.gif
To each their own. <3

no need to apologize, my comments weren't directed towards you! you were just defending yourself, which i completely understand and would have done so myself! you did it tastefully as well so good for you!
clap.gif

mzcelaneous

I'd get a second opinion. I breastfed in the middle of the night until my daughter slept through the night at 8 months. I'm sure you baby will be fine
smiles.gif