A few questions

casey

Hi everyone! *waves*
I just have a few questions about make up...

Am currently using Revlon Colourstay (the one with the screw top) as I have found it to be the only thing that has lasted me and looked reasonably well. I have tried Mac Select SPF but it made my skin look really dry and the coverage to me was minimal. I like medium to full coverage. Does anyone have any suggestions for a long lasting, readily available, medium-full, dewy finish foundation?

Also, to get me by with my revlon what can I use to keep my foundation looking fresh all day? Because of the matte finish, I tends to look dry on my dry skin as the day wears on even though I still have coverage. I need a powder to help set it and have been alternating between Hyperreal and Napoleon Camera finish. Again these aren't my HG so am still looking.

Thirdly, how the heck do I remove colourstay from my brush (Lancome Foundation brush). I have tried soaking it in my Mac Brush cleanser and cleansing with a range of shampoos, but it still wants to stick.

And lastly, I know this is skin care but I may as well put it here... what moisturiser would you suggest for acne prone yet dry skin? I have been using Dermalogica active moist as it's the only thing that doesn't break me out however it is not nourishing enough. I have tried Dr Lewinns, pretty much the range of Lush's skin care, Olay, Cetaphil, Sorbolene etc. Some didn't break me out but made my skin feel yuck.

All help is very much appreciatated!
I've posted some of it on Vogue too but haven't had a lot of response.

TIA!
greengrin.gif

helloitsjeanna

not sure about foundation but as for cleaning brushes, there's a couple posts about how to get hard to get off stains off the brushes somewhere in this forum..

personally, i just use my mac brush cleaner as a pre-cleaning method, then i take my clean n clear makeup remover facewash and soak and dilute it with water. I leave it in for like a minute and swish it around and then run it under water. that should do the trick.

Latest posts