Anyone notice....

.Ice

that the triangle of death is on Dark Soul Pigment? I really had plans to buy this piggie next year. I'm on the MAC Pro website (can't stand the flash on the regular mac website) just to write up a list of piggies I want to buy and BOOM there that lil pesky triangle was. Of course my reaction was "COME THE F*** ON MAC!!!" I've been eyeing this Pigment for years now and never got around to LUSTING after it until now lol.

MAC PRO | Pigment...... look to your left, it's the third box going down.

All I wanna know is WHY?
th_dunno.gif

1165Cheryl

I noticed it also and am going to ask them when I place my next order. I was shocked to see Old Gold was already off there site and they are already out of stock when I called recently. The Old gold is still on MC's though for now.

I dont see why they'd get rid of those 2, they are both very popular colors. I asked about the Old gold when I called and the gal had no idea why they got rid of it, she was surprised herself
ssad.gif

GlamQueen21

I was shocked that Old Gold pigment was gone so fast! I was going to place an order on it but I was too late. I even saw it at my MAC store and should've got it. I don't see what that MAC is d/cing Dark Soul pigment. I have it and I love it!

LMD84

wow that sucks! i have always wanted a full sized old gold - such a pretty and interesting colour.

dark soul i already have and don't seem to use so much...

lilibat

I guess I'll hold onto my Old Gold, which I rather dislike and have only swatched once, if it's going to become super rare.

Ordered another Dark Soul since I use it really often.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I guess I'll hold onto my Old Gold, which I rather dislike and have only swatched once, if it's going to become super rare.

Ordered another Dark Soul since I use it really often.

I personally dont wear it myself either but it's a great seller.....

ambidextrous

wasn't it concluded that the pigment's packaging is going to be changed and they will return in new packaging? Or is it definite that Old gold is gonna be axed?!

lilibat

Over on the buzz for 2010 collections thread someone was told by an MA they were being repackaged at half the size but same cost. Not too happy about that.

Ruby_Woo

I haven't heard of repackaging of pigments, I hope thats not true. But since I work on a day to day basis with pigments, I can tell you that they're not as popular as they are here on specktra. Yeah here something are HG and 'must haves' but on a daily basis, I find pigments a bit harder to sell for the average customer who isn't as hardcore into MAC. They base discontinued products on sales, if they don't perform well, they get cut off. Sucks, but its business.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
Over on the buzz for 2010 collections thread someone was told by an MA they were being repackaged at half the size but same cost. Not too happy about that.

That could be why they are getting rid of some of the popular ones, they are selling them till they run out because they are making new size jars?? If they make smaller jars I dont see people paying the same price, thats crazy. It would put sample sellers out of business in time too once we run out of our stock of discontinued/rare colors. People would have to raise there sample prices to make up for getting less samples per jar and I cant picture that going over very well.

I love pigments, they are all I wear..even before I became a sample seller. Once MAC came out with them I fell in love since they were the only type of shadow (ever) that didnt bother my eyes/skin.

.Ice

If it's true that MAC is discontinuing pigments, only to re-release them with less in it AND charge the same price, that would be extremely stupid on their part... I'm already beginning to get fed up w/ MAC (i'm on the fence), and if I see such a thing happen, i'm done.... it's getting ridiculous already with the random discontinuings (and so many other things i've observed throughout the years)... i'm just saying.

elle25

I hate that they're changing the packaging. The new jars completely suck. I'm really hoping that I'll still be able to get a cp for the old jars after Christmas.

ambidextrous

it must be true, all pigments are either sold out or soon to be restocked on the german MAC homepage and another german retailer's page... sucks, but I'm curious if I'll ever run out of my mini pigment vials...

Latest posts