Application Question re: Eyeshadow!

djd

How do you ladies make your eyeshadow look so smooth and shiny. Whenever I apply, they always seem more chalky, and I can rarely ever get the colors blended let alone smooth!

TIA

exodus

Yes! I have the same problem! Is it the brushes? The techniques? Is there some kind of secret regarding eyeshadow application that i don't know of?
oh.gif
ops:

Hawkeye

It could be anything from the moisturizingof the lid to the primer to the techniques.
Sometimes you pat it on with a brush sometimes you drag it with your brush it just depends
smiles.gif
ITA with the adage, " Practice makes perfect"

angela

before e/s application try spraying your face with fix+ spray and then use a base (which im pretty sure u already do) like paints ie *stillife *bare canvas [neutral tones] or shadesticks. after your done applying e/s, spray fix+ again (dont worry it wont mess up your eye make up) to help get rid of the chalky-ness and set your eye makeup! hope this helps! keep me posted =]

mac_obsession

Id go with a stickier base if you are using a base already. Also, try using the e/s wet, or with mixing medium or saline.

Id say part of it is practice, takes lots of that, part is brushes, I really noticed a difference going from crap brushes to mac brushes, but thats me personally, the last part being a good base.

When or if all else fails, use your finger to blend or smooth out the e/s!

djd

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks! Your answers have not gone unnoticed! I'll try using mixing medium first!

singinmys0ng

I kinda have the same problem..i use stilife paint as a base and I wondering how much of it do you put on? I usualy just put on a thin layer..should i put more?

Latest posts