axiety , o.c.d , depression?

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
and i feel like i'm the only one, but i guess i'm not... that's kinda refreshing.
smiles.gif

Like wattage, I do so agree. It's intensely lonely but even though it's no fun to hear that someone suffers in a similar manner to you, it does make one feel like less of a freak. At least me
smiles.gif

lovalotz

I tend to have pretty bad stress, which i think I recieved from my mom.
I get frustrated so easily and I overthink the amount of work i need to accomplish. I've had such an enormous level of anxiety that my hands were literally shaking. =(

LinzBelle

I been on medication since I was 8 for epilepsy. The side effects of the meds just turned me upside down and finally cam to a head last year. I'm now on effexor, trazadone and buspirone. For depression, insomnia, and anxiety. Not to mention I have two types of hormonal disorders and a pill for both, then there are the epilepsy meds, then vitamens to combat the vitamins that the meds don't let your body absorb. Maybe TMI, but just telling you you're not alone. Of the top ten perscibed medications two or three are anti-depressants.

I stretch out on my excercise ball (i should be doing excercise though lol).

Chat boards are good for this type of stuff, because talking to family and friends is hard. They don't know what you are going through, and often get annoyed or don't want to be around you (at least in my experience).

But there is always tomorrow, and hope
smiles.gif

TRES TEAL

heres my update ... i am now completely off of the effexor and xanax ... i still have the anxiety tho , everytime i feel an attack coming on , ive learned to tell myself its all in my head and im going to be fine .. ive learned to calm myself down alot , but i still do have bad days , but they are bearable . if things start to go back to the way they were , i will def. get back on the meds, but so far everything is going ok , i know my anxiety disorder will probobally never go away 100% , but im just learning how to live with it and be happy . my son is in school now wich gives me a little free time wich i also think has helped alot ... and to every1 else dealing with these things, just remember to keep your head up , and think of the good things in lfe, like makeup , lol, and wut works most for me is keeping myself busy and my mind occupied , then theres no room for the anxiety and bad thoughts to sink in

Masucci

I also suffer from OCD and bouts of depression. My last bout with depression was in 2000, and I became severely anorexic.
ssad.gif
That year, for the first time ever, I began taking the lowest form of Zoloft. It's helped a lot.

My depression is due to a chemical imbalance, and I was NOT happy when I was asked to try meds. I hate even taking an aspirin! But I really had no choice - it was that or who knows what. I'd lost so much weight - I was a size 1, and STILL losing weight. I am 5' 7".
ssad.gif

I am happy with Zoloft. I'm still on the lowest dose. I've had no problems, and even though it's not a "cure-all" - it's made me feel a lot better.

lauren006

Wow I am so happy I found this post on here! I have been having very bad anxiety attacks for a couple years now. I don't know what brought them on but I do know I feel like they are ruining me life. I can hardly go anywhere without worrying I will have one. I have one almost everyday. Do a lot of people have them that much? It's not something I can explain to my friends very easily so it sucks flaking out on them and they don't even know why. Lately I have been pretty depressed too. I made an app. to see my doctor the other day and she said she wants me to see a therapist first and if that doesn't work then she will put me on something. I feel like my anxiety attacks and depression are so bad that I really need to be put on something. It is getting in the way with every part of my life. Should I go see my doctor again and ask her to put me on something or what?? If anyone has answers to any of my questions please reply! Thanks.

Vicky88

Honestly, I think I have mild tendancies for all three of them.

I'm pretty certain that I'm depressed in my life right now, I often find myself constantly tearful, on the verge of tears and several other things which I don't really feel like going into.

Although it's probably not "real" OCD, I'm pretty into hygiene and having things "on me". Like I HATE touching food with my hands, I can't eat food that I have seen someone touching (if I haven't seen it, I don't think about it) and the thought of other people being dirty or touching things that people I don't know have touched... it's strange, makes me go all shivery.

I don't think I suffer from anxiety, but I'm so shy which means I find things like talking to salespeople difficult. I think that's just quiet/shyness though!

janelle811

I have mild anxiety too- I take lexapro for it, it really helps!

I've always been laid-back about everything, so it was wierd before I started to take the medicine. I wouldn't worry about stuff, I would just feel anxious all the time.

Even though many people think that it is bad to rely on medicine, I'm glad I have mine. For me, it's the same as taking medicine foranything else. It's like if I took medicine for asthma (which I don't have, just an example), it just helps prevent it. I don't get any side effects (that I know of) from it, so it doesn't bother me that I take it.

Quote:
kaliraksha: Recent studies have shown that people that suffer from ocd, panic, anxiety may find relief in low carb lifestyle. Because it helps to keep blood sugar levels stable. When your body's sugar level is stable the body does not produce high levels of adrenaline to compensate. It's something I recently read... and I'm interested in finding a book to read further into this... if anyone has any suggestions... please do tell!

That's really interesting- I have wondered about that myself too! I really wish that I would eat healthier, but I'm really picky about what I eat. Maybe one day I will be able to eat more food that doesn't mess w/ my blood sugar too much (I really enjoy bread, pasta, etc).

Latest posts