Bare Canvas Paint ...... or ....... Beige-ing Shadestick?

MAC Melly

Still trying to decide whether I should buy both of these.... perhaps Bare Canvas as a base...and Beige-ing around my brow bone....but I was told by someone that they are practically the same color? Any input? Thanks... I try to keep my makeup as natural as possible..

eyeshadowfreak

Bare Canvas is like putting concealor on for me and I'm an NW15. Beige-ing has more shimmer and a tad more color; I think it could work as a brow highlighter.

foreveratorifan

bare canvas is no shimmer at all and great if you want a base that won't interfere with the other colors you will use. it is a bit more like concealor...

where as beige-ing is shimmery and has more of a light taupe color...would be great for all over lid and brow hilite for sure...for more color

Krystle

hmmmmm....bare canvas is an hg for me! i havent tried any of the shadesticks, but I have a couple on their way. If it were me, I would get both...but I am a bit impulsive when it comes to mac :lol

Caitlin

I have bare canvas and I love it. Its great because it doesn't alter the color of my shadows at all, it just brings out their true colors and intensities. And because I'm fair skinned, it blends flawlessly in wiith my foundations so you can't even tell anything's been used. It does lack shimmer though, and sometimes I wish it had some.

Jessica

I adore bare canvas, because at least for me it is just that---Working with a bare canvas for my palette of colors
No extra shimmer, no color to interfere with my shadow choices

Caitlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea
I find that bare canvas makes shadows look chalky

Really? I've never had that problem... Interesting how differently products work on different people.

Demosthenes

I'm dark, so Bare Canvas makes me look ashy/chalky too. I prefer Stillife over it because I like shimmer.

Shimmersand and Beige-ing are awesome as bases though. I definitely recommend them.