• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

blush application: 101

kimmy

you will need a basic cheek colour to add colour to the majority of your cheeks. most people use a slightly shimmery, skintone complimenting shade for this.
you're also going to need a contouring colour to add the illusion of depth which will make your cheekbones appear more prominent. because this is going to be used to contour, a matte powder is ideal for this as it's light absorbing properties will make the area of application appear more sunken in and defined.
lastly, you will need a highlighting colour which can be a wide array of things. mac mineralized skinfinishes are very popular for this, but you can also use a sheer blush, eyeshadow or loose pigment. a sheer product with alot of shimmer is ideal.

cheeks.gif

using a large powder brush similar to the mac 136, pick up a good amount of your basic cheek colour (the yellow area). tap off the excess on a hard surface before applying to give yourself more even coverage with the product, and dust lightly all over cheeks.

next, using a large angled brush like mac's 168, suck your cheeks in a lightly apply your contour colour (the sky blue area). it's always best to apply this with a very light hand and build from there lest the colour appear muddy and unnatural.

with a duo fibre bush like the mac 187, apply your highlight colour to the apples of your cheeks and the brudge of your nose (the red areas). this can be applied with any fluffy face brush, but the duo fibre brushes seem to be ideal for sheerer, more natural application.

lastly, blend all the areas so there are no harsh lines with your large powder brush and you're done!

mesopotamian

Would you be able to tell us different techniques/places to apply blush for different face shapes? (I've read that rounder faces shouldn't apply blush on the apples of the cheek, and should apply further out, near the hairline to make the face look more oval. But frankly, I don't know how to accomplish this).

strawberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesopotamian
Would you be able to tell us different techniques/places to apply blush for different face shapes? (I've read that rounder faces shouldn't apply blush on the apples of the cheek, and should apply further out, near the hairline to make the face look more oval. But frankly, I don't know how to accomplish this).

i want to know it too. cause i heard different types of face need different types of technique in applying the blush, contour and highlight. anyway, thanks for sharing the picture with us..
winkiss.gif

amharold

i 3rd that. i have a fat round face lol... and ive heard about blush out on the sides of the face closer to the ears. id like to know about this

Jojo Ungh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
kimmy, is it possible to put the picture back up there?
Thank you.

Yes, please
smiles.gif