Bobbi Brown Job

bobbigirl26

Hi! This is my first post ever, as I JUST signed up right now, but I want to thank everyone for the phenomenal advice they gave. I've spent the last week and a half combing this website for clues on how to dress for my interview(s), what questions will be asked of me, what I can expect from this job, and so on. I have just received the offer from Lord and Taylor for a Bobbi Brown full time beauty advisor position, and I couldn't be more excited! So, thank you so much for all the advice! And, if anyone has any questions for me regarding the interview process, I would be happy to answer them! Thank you so so much!
urock.gif

naz1982

Hi! I hope your doing well in your new job! I have also applied for bobbi brown counter manager position, I had 4 interviews with positive feedback even had an interview with the district merchant for cosmetics she wanted to close the deal but said she is gonna talk to the bobbi brown vendor the next few days I get a call to schedule a talent plus ( so long) that was the the 26th , now it's jul 8th I called macys hr for a follow up on the 3rd and the lady told me she doesn't know yet but she will find out and email me or call . So when so you think it's a best time to call again it's Monday and still no comment from neone and it seemed like everyone wanted me to be a part of the macys cosmetics. It's really frustrating that everyone is so unorganized . I really felt after four interviews I got the job and now it seems like the 5th one ( talent plus) maybe they didn't like my talent plus answers I dunno so confused. Another thing I wanted to ask who actually makes the final decision on the hiring process ?

bobbigirl26

Hey there! I'm doing pretty good! It's a great company to work for! Anyways. Holy cow. Such an arduous process for these cosmetics jobs eh? I was in agony waiting to hear back from talent plus. I think I took it on a Monday and heard back that Thursday (the longest week ever!!!) i think that you should keep trying to follow up with Macy's. From my understanding what happens is- your results from Talent Plus get forwarded to the retailer and they make the decision based on how you did (pass/fail (although they tell you you can't pass or fail.)) But yeah, definitely keep trying to get your answer from Macy's. It seems to have been way long enough for the answer! Sometimes Macy's can be unorganized...from personal experience. Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions!

So i had my interview yesterday, for Bobbi Brown at a Nordstroms, which was just a meetup place. I did my Makeup up interview on Ally, who was very sweet. She said I did very well, and my mini screw ups are so little that i will be learning most of the stuff during training. She wanted me to speak with the Account manager that was also there that day and i waited about 40 minutes more after my makeup interview. Ally asked me about my job now, and how much i make, where i would like to work. NORDIES, SAKS, or BLOOMING. I said it doesn't matter as long as i get the job, and she told me well i wanna make sure that you get a better pay then your job now. But all should be good. They both said they were very excited to meet me and for me to join the Bobbi Brown team. (BUT FIRST, you must take a TALENT PLUS assessment) -__ ummm.....my heart just dropped, there's so much into the process i'm gonna cry. So Ally told me she would be in contact with me, she called me at like 5pmish that evening, and told me we are going to proceed with the next hiring process, and you will be contacted by the Talent Plus company for estee lauder. OKAY, and i was super excited. Until now, i've researched left and right about that agency. I just don't like it, :( So i called back about an hour and a half ago cause Kristen from Talent Plus called again this morning, and scheduled an interview at 10AM. Chris was the lady that i had an interview with, one she was not so friendly which brought my excitement down, and two she kept cutting me off while talking. WTF! :( it took about 40 minutes, and i almost cried afterwards. She said i will be contacted by Nordstroms for my next process. I thought i did mediocre , but i was so intimidated that i shut down. Anyways i hope i hear back from them, i really want to work with BB...

I'm scared how many people had to go through this, but got hired anyways? Left feeling a little confused?...

naz1982

We'll I never got the position for Bobbi brown even though I was told by the cosmetics floor manager I did very well, they put me in Lancome. I now work for Lancôme ,it's been a almost a year now. And yes I dreaded my interview also it was way too long but don't worry the final decision is made by the vendor and the Bobbi brown vendor felt I needed more manager experience for the counter manager position and there was no advisor position available so macys didn't want to get rid of me instead they out me in Lancome where they did have a beauty advisor position opened ..and yet again I had to go through only two interviews with them. Good luck!

LUVMACNSE4A2014

Hi I'm a newbie here too!

I recently interviewed for a counter manager position with Bobbi Brown at Bloomingdales, does anyone know if this is a good move?? I thought about going back to MAC, worked for them back in 08-09 and currently with Sephora. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks XO

I've heard a lot of people say that about Bloomingdale's. However, at the malls near me Bloomingdale's cosmetics department is so heaven like...i feel like an angel walking through it haha. Bright lights, and super pearly whites. Anywho, after 4 longs months, i am finally working for the famous Bobbi Brown. I work for Lord & Taylor, just started this past weekend, and so far i enjoy the people. I am only part time though since i've never had cosmetic retail experience. I am in awe by all of Bobbi's products and love the vivid Bobbi people! The only downfall is my hours are pretty slow and i feel really sad having to "downgrade" my makeup skills to learn the Bobbi way and use the Bobbi way. I like being uptodate with trends, and this line doesn't really do that. Plus i freelanced on my own which allowed my to do be myself and use my techniques! Contour and highlight is my life, Bobbi doesn't contour... URGH! Anyways we will see how this goes. I will not give up on MAC though, i feel i belong there more.

glamgirl25

Hi guys! I applied for a bobbi brown job and was just wondering... Do staff from bobbi brown get makeup and brushes for free?? I'm just curious! Thank you

Hi guys! I applied for a bobbi brown job and was just wondering... Do staff from bobbi brown get makeup and brushes for free?? I'm just curious! Thank you
You do get gratis! And brushes, you will not own. You will have them at your counter to use on your clients, but you will not be able to take them home or when you leave the company.

glamgirl25

You do get gratis! And brushes, you will not own. You will have them at your counter to use on your clients, but you will not be able to take them home or when you leave the company.
Thank you! So the free makeup I can keep for myself? What they give gratis? Everything of my choice? X

Thank you! So the free makeup I can keep for myself? What they give gratis? Everything of my choice? X
Well they take a while to give you your gratis cause they want to see if you are loyal and will stay with the company. They will give u am amount and you purchase what you want. And when u go to Bobbi school you'll get some things too.