>:<Bubble Gum Pink>:<

Daphne69

Where does the vaseline come in? Do you use it as a primer, or before the primer, and how much do you use? Your shadow photos are beautiful, I can't get away with so much bright color anymore, but can wear a small amount.

Also, do you notice any creasing with the vaseline?

hotpink1326

Thanks so much everyone!! I really LOVED this look
smiles.gif
Glad you did too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne69
Where does the vaseline come in? Do you use it as a primer, or before the primer, and how much do you use? Your shadow photos are beautiful, I can't get away with so much bright color anymore, but can wear a small amount.

Also, do you notice any creasing with the vaseline?

To answer your question i put vaseline down before i put anything else. Someone on here did it once & i tried it & now cant give it up, lol!! It brightens up shadows sooo much & i just love it!! It doesnt crease at all if applied properly, you just need the tiniest, littlest bit!! I just blend it with my other bases... some people love it & others hate it, i'd give it a shot though... cant hurt to try but seriously dont use a lot at all!!! You just want to make your lids SLIGHTLY tacky!!! Let me know how you make out if you try it
smiles.gif

Daphne69

Hi Hot Pink
I have been using the vaseline, it does work well, I do as you said, just apply a very very thin layer and then the shadow on top. So far I have only used it with hi-end shadows, nothing that has staying problems. I like it, and also, it seems to keep my lids smoother, I guess it is the extra moisture. I spent alot of time in the sun and in tanning salons when I was younger and STUPID and my skin is starting to show the effects of it now in loosing it's smoothness. So the vaseline moisturizes under the shadow and my lids don't look as dry or god forbid "crepey"

As I have been trying to switch over to more natural products, I am going to try the "UN-petroleum" jelly you see for sale at Whole Foods and other health food stores. Thanks for the great tip for using this as a base!

pyxystixx

You are so good at combining colors! I saw another one of your posts and loved it also. Very glam!!!

Oh and I find that when I fill in my brows, it makes the colors POP. You're lucky cuz your brows are nice and manageable...mines are 2 crazy whores that need to be tamed. I think all you need to do is fill them a little more at the beginning, touch up and you're good to go.

Keep posting...your color combos inspire!

PixieSprinkles

Gorgeous! I've been lusting after the Violet pigment for a while now, and you sealed the deal for me! lol Great work! =)

Latest posts