Changing a day look into a night look

suciarubia

I've read that a lot of MAC applicants are required to first create a day time look on their model during the demo and then convert it to a night time look. I was wondering if you could give me some examples of how to go about doing that (meaning, what kind of products to add to turn it into a night time look...maybe lip liner/eye liner/ect.?).

More specifically, what would be considered a good color combo for a daytime look on an 18 year old girl with medium brown hair, dark brown eyes, and light tan skin tone? Same goes for the night look.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to steal anyone's ideas, because I'm definitely not going to do a look that someone suggests when I apply at MAC! I won't even be submitting my application for probably another year or two- in the meantime I'm just trying to get as much information as I can, particularly about the interviewing/hiring process, so I'm prepared and don't make a fool of myself when the time comes!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Peaches

I'm no expert but the main thing I can think of when going day to night would be neutrals for day then smouldering smokey eye + nude lip for night.

HanBox20

not helpfull

when you do your demo wtih mac they will tell you specificly what the person is giong to be doing thye wont be like "give me a day look, now make it for night" they'll tell you "she is a soccer mom who doesnt normally wear makeup shes gong to be wearing a teal green top during the day and at night going to a dinner party wtih people from work she will be wearing whatever" they're looking to see not only the applcation but your color choice, shes wearing a green top so do you do green eyeshadow or do you choose a more complimentry color?

But as for turning a day look into night, its all about simplicty in the day, use maybe a light shadow from lash line to brow bone as a base, maybe 1 light color like soft brown in the crease and then a light color on the lid, the lighter and easier you go for day the easier time you will have doing night, turning that into night would consist of darkening your crease color, possibly adding another darker color more concentrated into the crease to make it pop more, you would add more lip liner and a brighter lip color over what you already put on, and possibly add a bit of gloss depending on the situation, I would add more contouring to the cheeks and a big heavery appliation of blush (i'm not going to make her look liek a clown it would all end up blended in but at night you want things more dramatic) I might add eyelinre to the bottom lid and possibly on the waterline to give the eye a more smokey look, those are all things you can do to change day into night but just remember that its all going to depend on the scenario they give you.

good luck

suciarubia

Thank you so much for replying! All of that info was extremely helpful
smiles.gif

Latest posts