Damn! cant get my hair curled like this!!!

Pink_minx

Ok Im not soo good at curling my hair...with the curling iron I always end up having my ends bent looking like really curved like a V shape because the clamp thingy on the bottom, if ya know what im talking about? Sometimes it comes too curly or I have a spiral curl and whenever I try to loosen it up it gets frizzy and big:confused:

What do you think I should use to get his look?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/agot62/Page3.jpg
Should I use those big curling irons or velcro rollers? Any tips? thanks!
PS im sorry the pic is huge!

ruby_soho

To get your hair curled like that I would use a mousse or other styling product for accentuating curly hair. When blow-drying you could use a round barrel brush to get the waves going, and then use the curling iron.

What you mentioned about the tips of your hair flipping out is called a "fish hook". These happen when you don't clamp the curling iron at the very tip of your hair, so the tips don't get wrapped around the curling iron. It takes practice, especially if your hair is layered or point cut, some may fall out. I don't know if my instructions make sense to you:p You have to make sure that the clamp of the curling iron is at the VERY end of your hair shaft, so there is no excess sticking out.

After curling, hair spray and go through your hair with a wide toothed comb, so as not comb the curls out too much. If you comb your hair out exactly how the picture is, the curls will fall out like 30 minutes later, and it won't be curly. So loosely comb it, leaving it a bit more curly than you would like, and the curls will stretch out with the weight of your hair.

Hope this helps!

YOOTOPiA

Somtimes the ends of your hair will kink or become bent because you're rotating the iron in the wrong directions. If the clamp is opening up from the outside then you should curl in and vice versa. If the clamp is opening from the inside then you should curl out.
If you feel your curls are too curly you can finger comb right away or tug on the curl as you release it from the iron to loosen them up. Or you could try a bigger sized barrel.
Velcro rollers are generally intended for volume and not curls. Heated curlers are fantastic though =) They give your hair amazing curls/waves without the formality of curling iron look.
I'd say your best bet would be to put some mousse in dry hair and use a 3/4" to 1" curling iron and varying the spirals inwards and outwards, so that it doesn't look so uniform. Curls set in place after they cool so if its too tight pull on them gently while they're warm. I suggest pulling/tugging over combing if you tend to frizz. If anything try standing in front of a fan and then the breeze naturally loosen the 'do as well as flip your head upside down and shake your hair a bit to have a more tousled look. Finish with some hairspray and you're good to go.
Hope that helped... =)

prppygrl69

ok i know your goin to think im crazy but i used my chi 1'' flat iron and inch by inch sections took it up to the roots and spun it around like you would do with a curling iron but i pull the waves away from my face youll get a cute charlies angels look we did it in cosmetology school it makes your hair super silky too its awesome heres a pic i did awhile back i dunno if it will come up tho if i does lemme know
bf3dcopy.jpg

Pink_minx

Oh wow your hair is sooo cute! I have a CHI flat iron too. That is so cool I wouldnt think you can use that to make curls like that. I will have to experiment with that and see how it comes out for me. Thanks.

prppygrl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
Oh wow your hair is sooo cute! I have a CHI flat iron too. That is so cool I wouldnt think you can use that to make curls like that. I will have to experiment with that and see how it comes out for me. Thanks.

thanks chick! i also have biolage shine spray ohh n it smells soooooooo good but yeah if u use that after your done dont use a lot tho itll be oily so dont spray on your roots maybe on your hands and then rub it over your hair....but itll be so shiny
smiles.gif

prppygrl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
Hm biolage? you can get that at drugstores too? or ULTA? anyways thanks again!

i think you can get it at drug stores but do be careful they are not the REAL product and may be tampered with or watered down

Latest posts