Depotting...

Krystle

I finally found Milani and got several shadows...now I need to attempt depotting. I figure it is best to practice on these anyway
smiles.gif

Someone here had a link to their website where there are instructions to depot and I cant find it now for anything.

Does anyone have a link to instructions?

Krystle

Thank you so much!!!! Those instructions were very easy to follow and I am happy to say that I am no longer a depotting virgin
thmbup.gif
I have successfully depotted two E/S..one Mac and one Milani. On my way to try more
greengrin.gif

Oh and I also wondered....why do you put it over the candle??? Both of mine came right out with just the exacto around the edges..but I am guessing not all do???

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystle
Oh and I also wondered....why do you put it over the candle??? Both of mine came right out with just the exacto around the edges..but I am guessing not all do???

Congrats on your first successful depots
greengrin.gif

The candle, or sodering iron or oven (any kind of heat) is used to melt the glue thats in the bottom of the pot that holds the metal pan in...so you can get it out easily..
Sometimes youll find that the shadow will crack or break if you take a knife around the edge :\

Latest posts