DIOR: Worst Customer Service Ever- Vent

LivinginPink

I recently purchased the DIOR BS Waterproof mascara. I did not like the product and it gave me problems with falling off my lashes. I called a DIOR counter and I was told that I could take it back to any DIOR counter and return it. So I went to return it to the nearest counter, which was The Bay location in Kingsway Garden Mall.

The lady at the counter never said "hello how can I help you?" instead she said "do you have an appointment?" I informed her I needed to return mascara she said ‘I’ll be with you in a minute.’

Then finally after 10 minutes someone helped me and said can we even return this to the other girl. She said no. I said “well I was told that if the product did not work out that I could return it.” She said “well we don't carry that mascara and I would APPRECIATE IT if you went to another counter, we don't carry that and I don’t want our inventory messed up.” I said "so you want me to go across the city to find another counter so I don't screw up your inventory?" she glared at me, I grabbed my receipt and mascara, and left.

I went to another Dior counter, West Edmonton Mall, The Bay. I told them that the mascara did not work out and they asked a whole bunch of questions. They were like "this has never happened before, this is a superior product, are you sure you know how to apply it.” After 15 minutes of them interrogating me I finally got my money back.

I would highly recommend NEVER purchasing DIOR to anyone I know. I have purchased from MAC for many years and NEVER ever had such a problem with customer service.

I sent an e-mail we'll see what happens

Shawna

I've never had a problem with Dior, but I have with Lancome. I bought a star gloss that was skunky. I mean it stunk and tasted bad. I had the receipt and everything, and they wouldn't exchange it. The woman said that I wasn't supposed to be eating it. D'uh, it was rubbing off on my cup and food and getting in my mouth that way. I swore never to buy from that particular counter again. Grrrr. I hate when you get poor customer service. I can't say enough good things about MAC though. They are awesome. I even had a blush literally explode and I emailed customer service and they sent me a brand new one. Wow.

Lolita

I had crappy customer service at Dior too, I bought some Diorshow mascara without realizing it was perfumed. First, I LOATHE rose scented products, second, why the hell would a company put fragrance into a product you use on your eyes?! WTF!? anyway, I got interrogated when I tried to return it, the SA pretty much told me I should have smelled the tester before I bought it (she also used the same line; "Ive never heard of that before, this is a superior product"; I imagine its in the snooty Dior handbook). Apparently I'm supposed to know these things in advance. I eventually got my money back.

By the way, I used to live in edmonton, so I'm totally with you about the pain in the ass it can be about driving from mall to mall, and going to West Ed unless its totally neccessary
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

i've had some problems with dior as well, mainly because the older women who work there seem to think that my money, as a 20-year old, is not as good as the money spent by their elderly customers, which really annoys me. i was asking a woman who looked to be at least in her 40's a question about a product, and in mid-sentance, she turns and helps another woman, who was there WAY after i was. needless to say i decided to skip buying the $60-some dollars worth of products i had already chosen, as well as gave up on getting more help from her at all. it was her loss, considering i was planning on spending a good $150 or so, and her nordstrom counter was commission based. she lost the sale for herself.

user3

Actually have had great CS with Dior. Come to think of it I've never had a problem returning anything to any makeup line I've used.

Sorry that happened.

pugmommy7

That is absolutely appauling.
I hope that you write the company and let them know about the poor quality of CS you recieved, and remind them that you have the choice of numerous high end retailers and would be happy to persue such a "superior product" at any number of them.

I am a tough customer, but if you treat me well, I will be loyal forever.

I have been very lucky with Dior for more years than I care to admit, However I was in a Nordstrom in San Diego and the Dior associate, while treating me like gold, insulted my(former) friend implying she didn't know what was in style etc,etc more than once.
I still bought the makeup
rofl.gif

LivinginPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
That is absolutely appauling.
I hope that you write the company and let them know about the poor quality of CS you recieved, and remind them that you have the choice of numerous high end retailers and would be happy to persue such a "superior product" at any number of them.

I am a tough customer, but if you treat me well, I will be loyal forever.

I have been very lucky with Dior for more years than I care to admit, However I was in a Nordstrom in San Diego and the Dior associate, while treating me like gold, insulted my(former) friend implying she didn't know what was in style etc,etc more than once.
I still bought the makeup
rofl.gif

I did write them via e-mail abut because I am from Canada they want me to mail a letter in. I just have to put some finishing touches on it and it will be going out.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Actually have had great CS with Dior. Come to think of it I've never had a problem returning anything to any makeup line I've used.

Sorry that happened.

me too. i've never had bad service from them either :confused:.. i've returned or exchanged stuff at alot of different makeup line counters and i've never been treated badly.. i'm sorry about your experience tho.. let us know if u get a reply from them..

kannan

I think it's a counter thing, some counters are great and others are terrible. Maybe more so then a brand thing?

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan
I think it's a counter thing, some counters are great and others are terrible. Maybe more so then a brand thing?

very very true. i've had both exceptional and horrible customer service from MAC, scattered around the various counters and stores i've been to in the past few years. there is one counter, in particular, that i don't care for, because they don't really seem to know whats going on, ever. similarly, i am very loyal to certain MAs at my local MAC and chanel, because they always go out of their way to accomodate me, and they are knowledgeable about the products. all you can really do about bad customer service is report it in a professional matter, and hope that the store it into consideration.

Latest posts