Dove hair products

user3

So I bought some Dove shampoo and conditioner. I am a bit worried to use it. Has anyone with oil hair used this without it making you extra oily?

I love the smell but I just can't bring myself to try it yet.

I am also wondering about the rest of the hair care line.

I LOVE L'Oreal Vive smooth intense but on days I am not really going out I like to use something different. Vive is used when I want my hair to look it's best!

Isis

I havn't tried it, it does smell very nice, but there's something about Dove going from soap to shampoo that makes me a bit nervous.... or maybe it's just me.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
I havn't tried it, it does smell very nice, but there's something about Dove going from soap to shampoo that makes me a bit nervous.... or maybe it's just me.

Same here. That's why I never tried it.

Dreamergirl3

It's not that bad. I tried it for a while but it wasn't anything special. I used the moisture/hydrating one and didnt notice that much of a differents. The rest of it is sitting under my sink as my emergency shampoo lol!

BuyMeLipGloss

i've heard nothing but rave reviews for dove shampoo and conditioner, actually! i know a lot of girls who love it!
smiles.gif

user3

******UPDATE**********

It's great! I gave in and used it. It made my hair so soft and silky. I used the Beautiful hair one. I don't color my hair so I can not say how good it would be for colored hair but today is my 3rd day using it. My hair smells so great! It is for sure going to be my "day off" hair shampoo.
I could never stop using Vive for when I want my hair to be ultra smooth but this is really nice when I want to keep my slight wave to hair.

If things change I will be sure to report back.

lovejam

I'm glad you liked it. My mom keeps telling me it's great, and that I should try it. I want to, but every time I'm at the store I always forget to buy some! Dove has never let me down before, so I'm sure their shampoo and conditioner will be great too.
smiles.gif

adorkable

Dove use to make a shampoo for normal to oily hair, but I can't find it anymore.

If you have oily hair though, try using volumizing shampoos and conditioners. They usually way your hair down less. I have super thick, heavy, oily hair and I've been using Dove's volumizing shampoo and foam volumizing conditioner and love both. However, about once a week I use Neutrogena's clarifying shampoo to strip my hair of any leftover ickiness.

tinkerbell

I use this and I love it! I have chemically treated hair (to cover my ever growing population of gray hairs!!) and it makes my hair soft and shiny..love it....

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
this is really nice when I want to keep my slight wave to hair.

I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable
Dove use to make a shampoo for normal to oily hair, but I can't find it anymore.

I used to use that! It was called beautifully clean or something, but now I can only find the shampoo and the 2-in-1, but not the seperate conditioner!

on another note: my sister has very sensitive skin and eczema along with some other skin problems, and her derm said that this shampoo is great for sensitive skin because it doesn't have the additives and fragrences in it like some other shampoos that can irritate skin and/or worsen acne - I like to use it the week before my period to help with any breakouts that I know are coming!

adorkable

I wasn't ever able to find the shampoo and conditioner, but only the 2-in-1 and then nothing for the longest time. Last time I went to buy more, they didn't have the volumizing shampoo OR the foam conditioner, but they did have the beautifully clean shampoo. WTF? lol

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable
I wasn't ever able to find the shampoo and conditioner, but only the 2-in-1 and then nothing for the longest time. Last time I went to buy more, they didn't have the volumizing shampoo OR the foam conditioner, but they did have the beautifully clean shampoo. WTF? lol

That's what I have is the beautifully clean one!

I don't use it everyday. It makes my hair so soft almost too soft that I can't pull it up without it slipping out! On the + side my husband LOVES how it feels!

Latest posts