Dupes for Black Lace Rabbit

Does anyone remember Lipstick Queen’s Black Lace Rabbit? It was a sheer black topper that one could use by itself or on top of lipstick to give it a Smokey effect. Jeffree Star Cosmetics has something similar out now, with this Cremated collection glosses (specifically one called “Six Feet Under.”) Does anyone know of something similar or of the same concept - a sheer black layer that won’t make your lips black but will give a sexy smoky tint? Please and thank you in advance. 32AFE754-CEDD-4928-AC60-6AE21FC2603B.jpeg

shellygrrl

Staff member
Something I used to do years ago if I wanted to deepen a lipstick a little bit, or make it look a little more greyed out, was fill my lips in with a black lip liner (I used Nyx's in Black Berry) and then use a finger to tone it down to a more charcoal-ish shade. (You could also blot it down with a tissue.) Then over the top with lipstick.

It's a little more effort than what you're looking for but it'll work. Also! If you have an eyeliner pencil that's pliable enough and doesn't set you can use that instead of buying a separate lip pencil.

Something I used to do years ago if I wanted to deepen a lipstick a little bit, or make it look a little more greyed out, was fill my lips in with a black lip liner (I used Nyx's in Black Berry) and then use a finger to tone it down to a more charcoal-ish shade. (You could also blot it down with a tissue.) Then over the top with lipstick.

It's a little more effort than what you're looking for but it'll work. Also! If you have an eyeliner pencil that's pliable enough and doesn't set you can use that instead of buying a separate lip pencil.
Thanks so much for that suggestion!

boschicka

Does anyone remember Lipstick Queen’s Black Lace Rabbit? It was a sheer black topper that one could use by itself or on top of lipstick to give it a Smokey effect. Jeffree Star Cosmetics has something similar out now, with this Cremated collection glosses (specifically one called “Six Feet Under.”) Does anyone know of something similar or of the same concept - a sheer black layer that won’t make your lips black but will give a sexy smoky tint? Please and thank you in advance. View attachment 68727
Givenchy has something similar in concept.

Latest posts