Ebayer claiming people's mac is fake... Warning!

MichaelaLou

I've just had such an ordeal on eBay. And through her feedback and contacting other sellers, she has done the same to them I sold a mac pallette with 13 eyeshadows, including four from the Barbie collection, a surf baby and other rare ones for 70.00. Three weeks later she opened a dispute claiming one of them was fake (it wasn't) and that mac verified this, and she would like a partial refund of 40.00 (lulwut) so o promptly declined and offered a full refund upon return of the item. She got really nasty in messages, so I demand too much, blabla. I recieved my package back, and guess what? Pallette snapped in half, not one eyeshadow in sight. Lucky eBay refunded me as a good will, but she got a refund too and obviously has the eyeshadows. I questioned her about it and she replied that I'm a liar, I'm despicable, disgusting, she sent it all back and why should I care if I got a refund, I'm a silly little girl etc etc I'm fuming :(

hwdsprincess

Omg that's terrible! Sorry you had to go through that. I once got a fake eyeshadow from eBay but I didn't do anything I just went to go buy it at the store again. I really try not to buy makeup because some of it is fake but it sucks when obviously you bought it. She should def have returned it all and I would def fight for that. She's pretty much getting free eye shadows

geeko

Maybe u can post her name and address as a warning to all NOT to sell any items to this buyer....

luvlydee

this is interesting. i bought 2 mac items from 2 different sellers on ebay and even though there were negative feedback saying ti was fake they still had like 3000 positive feedback so i bought it anyways. so now im hoping that all those negative feedback are ppl who really are being jerks or really doesnt know

BuickMackane

Much as I like the idea of having those people named and shamed, I'd be very wary of doing so on a platform like Spectra. The site admin can get into serious trouble for that kind of thing.

Babylard

Karma will get them. I think people's dishonesty in life will eventually get the better of them. Maybe not right away, but it certainly will.

prettypunky2013

something similar happened to me sold the Fashion sets lipstick,lipgloss,eyeshadow on ebay, buyer looked legit over 600+ positive feedback,
sent package to buyer paid for postage from my own pocket, buyer then decided to send me nasty messages saying my items was fake and they have been told by numerous people it was fake and even confirmed it at a mac store, I told them that cant be true as I have still got the receipts and have got prove they are 100% authentic as I don't deal in fakes and also as my sister works for mac, they opened a case with paypal I sent paypal all the original receipts etc, and even offered the buyer a full refund once items have been returned back to me, where the buyer replied they would like a refund of £40 (they only paid £70) and that it was a gift for someone and they cnt return it?
WTF2.gif

a day later got message of another seller on ebay saying they had done the same to them, we both finally got our money back!

pumpkinspice

I'm fuming
ssad.gif
You should let others know who this is, you can post the ebay name they use or link to the profile without posting the real name, others have to be aware of people like that so they dont have it happen to them. beware of selling bundles of product its so risky because you chance losing so much. its too bad but thats how it is in an open market like eBay. They can think of a thousand ways to rip you off.
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Rene916

That happened to me as a buyer. Said it was real MAC and it clearly was not and eBay won't do anything

IHughes

That's so terrible!! We always think it's really unsafe as a buyer but it can be just as bad as a seller!!

pumpkinspice

That happened to me as a buyer. Said it was real MAC and it clearly was not and eBay won't do anything
E-bay has to you must open a "significantly not as described case" SNAD for short, this time buyer protection is on your side, they will make her provide receipts as proof of authenticity if she cannot you win, you also have recourse with paypal within 45 days to open a case of fraud. Good luck and you will get your money back but you must do as I say and go through channels described. Open a case and against her account, Paypal instantly regains your money from her and holds it until the dispute is solved.. that should make her day ..
girlhaha.gif