eyeshadow spills..........

doc

Hi

whenever i apply eye shadows to my eyes i always get eye shadow spills on my face esp under eyes.Any tips to fix it without spoiling my face makeup?
th_confused_new.gif

Thanx

user2

I think may artists use a load of powder under the eye! Afterwards they take it off with a brush!

mac_obsession

Hold a tissue in the corner of your eye extending outward...So it will fall on the tissue...

Or put some loose powder on your face and then just brush it off (i find this to be a waste of product but some like it)

Personally I just put a tissue under my eyes while applying cause Im clumsy heh..

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Hold a tissue in the corner of your eye extending outward...So it will fall on the tissue...

Or put some loose powder on your face and then just brush it off (i find this to be a waste of product but some like it)

Personally I just put a tissue under my eyes while applying cause Im clumsy heh..

Ditto to the above.

Sometimes I'll grab a large fluffy e/s brush, dip it in loose powder, then dust under the eyes. I use less loose powder that way, and the loose powder mixes with the e/s and usually dusts it right off.

I've heard of some people using scotch tape as well.

Juneplum

Quote:

ditto!!

lenjhn

Have you tried an eye primer yet? Lots of people use UD PP, but I use Clinique Canvas Touch Base and that really helps to keep the eyeshadow to stay put.

user2

@ lenjhn: I thought that she talked about the spilling e/s during application when she uses too much or too loose e/s...

mommy_mac

Quote:

That's what I do too.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjhn
Have you tried an eye primer yet? Lots of people use UD PP, but I use Clinique Canvas Touch Base and that really helps to keep the eyeshadow to stay put.

Ud PP is awesome...So is Mac Mixing Medium, Visine, smashbox eye primer, whatever you use to help give your shadow staying power, etc...

But none of them help spillage onto your face :p

Especially when you are as clutzy as me
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
I was forced to figure out what to do when i use pigments especially dark ones cause id end up with a dark purple streak across my face after doing all my makeup :x

doc

All these replies r really helpful. I'll definitely try all .See what works for me.Thanx heaps & heaps & heaps.
fluffy.gif

I usually apply my face makeup (concealer, foundation and powder) after i do my eye makeup when im using really bright pigmented colors, so you can just wipe it off with a makep remover wipe or whatever

beautifulxdisaster

scotch tape is clear so it won't hurt, duct tape is the one that will hurt
lol.gif

when I put dark eyeshadow on, I tilt my head to a side so it won't drop into my cheeks.

Latest posts