Feeling Fat in 06

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
Losing wieght through excercise is the easy part. Dieting is the mental, and by far, the toughest part. Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not resort to "diet pills", liposuction(that goes for you too Mrs. you know who), crash/yoyo/atkins diets, etc... All the claims to fame about losing such n such wieght in a certain amount of time are not always fool-proof. While they MIGHT possibly yeild you some results, they do not always work. Just remember, consistency is key, wiether in the diet and/or excercise dept.(preferably both)

In fact, if anyone really has any specific questions or needs some advice, feel free to PM me, and I'll be happy to do my best. Just remember, only you can change yourself for you alone.

I would never take diet pills, too poor and chicken for anything involving needles. I think I can lessen my intake and of course I did very well the other day with only two mountain dews.. then the ladies I work with brought cake. I would like to find an aerobics class or join the fitness club because I like to swim and it would be worth it for my famiy to exercise.. I just think it would cost me a whole three eyeshadows a month for my family to join.

Its funny its so easy to go take a graduate class and better my mind but the whole exercise thing is so hard for me because with asthma I just seems like it takes it out of me to work all day. I love to hike I'd like to do that more often.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
Just beware of fruit late at night. In fact, all sugar as well.

Fruit contains fructose which is a form of sugar. Sugar causes an insulin spike, which can A: keep you up later than usual(remember you NEED sleep) B: causes the body to speed up it's caloric use, but will rapidly fall off(crashing- loss of energy and weakness) and cause it to store fat.

But fruit at breakfast, midmorning, lunch and after a workout are the times of the day I'd shoot for. Breakfast and after the workout are the best tho.

fruit in the morning gives me low blood sugar, about three years ago I went to the Doctor because of the weight gain and my blood sugar doing odd things. (this is before I was drinking- pop- as heavily) - I was told that I have reactive hypoglycemia where I could have eaten a full meal or even not be "hungry" and my blood sugar will bottom out and I'll get extremely faint on a full stomach. Or I'll be exhausted all day and think its blood sugar and go eat and it turns out to be asthma. Plus I'd had heart palpatations and I discovered that it was ibuprofen causing them one day... quit taking that and I haven't had anymore. I don't like taking medications, I actually went into shock from a depo provera shot one time!

I am drinking water during the day now thats my first goal to drink more water- I got where i hated water when I was pregnant because I would always get so dehydrated and had to drink a gallon a day - after I had the baby I hated bottled water. I made Tea for dinner tonight for my caffiene.

My body is a pain... I do need to change some things and get healthy before I get 30!

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Victoria
I'm sort of in the same boat as you - I'm about 5'7" - 5'8" and about 126 lbs. I'd -love- to get back down to where I was last year, 115 lbs. I do modelling as well, and right now I'm at a size 3 - 5 but I would love to be a solid 3. I find that the best way is to eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, eat only wheat carbs, lots of water and lots of lean lunch meats.

I'd love to maybe record our progress together, company is always motivating!

5'8" and 126 is nice. I'm only 5'5" - I dont' own a scale, never have, won't get weighed again until February at the Doctor. I freaked when it went over 130 in November but knew that the holidays were coming and there was NO way I would not do my Christmas baking for my friends and family

Hmmm... admins....we should have a healthy living forum- vs. diet.. where we can gripe about health and weight... or lack of <grin> I couldnt figure out if this was chatter or body care..I bought wheat bread for work. I can't talk I used to eat less, I would skip breakfast - barely eat lunch and have a normal dinner. My trouble is I don't even like "snack" cakes or cookies I only like homemade, and if I'm really hungry I'll go to the effort to bake something good and sweet.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
It's all gone horribly wrong tonight! I had a phone call from one of the restaurants asking me to go round for dinner this evening. I thought I'd pick something nice and light from the menu but I didn't get what I ordered. Well, I did but they sent out other things from the kitchens for me to try as well! No bill (check for those of you in the USA) at the end of the meal either. I'm now back home feeling very full wondering how I'm going to get my diet back on track again! I have some wonderful friends but it doesn't always help my figure!

awwww....well its like me going to work today- One of our teachers turned 40 - so it was cupcakes for everyone.. and then another one brought a cake - I had to have a piece because she made it off of my recipe I gave her. And I have bronchitis really bad and broke down after school and caved to the caffeine demon. Plus teaching **trying to teach***, autistics, emotionally disturbed, mentally retarded (moderate to severely handicapped) will make anyone go insane. So we tend to keep lots of comfort foods in my room, I have three aides who I love dearly but I wish they wouldn't bring food.

Oh now thats the nice way to go out for dinner. I have a friend who is a chef - I wish he'd open a restaurant, he owes me, (he lived with us for a year rent free) LOL!!

visivo

I agree, Joytheobscure -- there should be a positive health-centered part of this forum. Somewhere that is equally about talking about weight/body issues, getting support, and being body positive.

A forum totally focused on weight loss will just mean trouble -- a group of people freaking about their weight gets nowhere :p

I also agree with ruby_soho -- I don't think I have ever been comfortable with myself. Even at my thinnest, when I was vegan, I did not feel any thinner. Although looking back on it I had lost nearly fourty pounds of "baby weight" ( I was 17 and had always been at least a little overweight ) and in photos I am obviously smaller. I was a relatively unhealthy vegan though, pretty lazy about it since I was young and in school and my mind was on other things. I gained back like 15-20 pounds of that weight, and didn't even notice it until my jeans were a lot tighter and I was feeling lethargic.

Depression plays into my weight loss and gain as well.

I want to lose about 20 pounds, ideally. In a healthful manner. I'm nineteen and I know that if I don't start excercising regularly like I used to, I will just continue to put on weight.

So, for now, more water, low impact things like yoga and the bar method, and then some kind of cardio other than the walks/runs/bike rides I do now, to keep it interesting and not too routine/boring.

Though I'm not a fan of useless and trite "oh ladies let's diet together and track our stats!" I'd love to hear everyone else's efforts. ;]

visivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
I don't like taking medications, I actually went into shock from a depo provera shot one time!

You know this reminds me -- is anyone else on BCPs and notice changes in their body? I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen, and apparently one of the side-effects is weight gain (or more like, fluctuation). Now I am wary about the way that meds affect my body; I've been on otc-lo for two years now and am realizing changes in my body that could definitely be attributed to starting bcps, like random weight gain (perhaps water retention) without change in diet/activity level and other subtle changes.

That's a whooooole different thread topic though. :]

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by visivo
You know this reminds me -- is anyone else on BCPs and notice changes in their body? I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen, and apparently one of the side-effects is weight gain (or more like, fluctuation). Now I am wary about the way that meds affect my body; I've been on otc-lo for two years now and am realizing changes in my body that could definitely be attributed to starting bcps, like random weight gain (perhaps water retention) without change in diet/activity level and other subtle changes.

I tried Depo several years ago. With no changes in my diet or exercise routine, I gained about 20 pounds the year I was on it. I stopped after the fifth shot and went back to my the pill a few months later. I've not had any weight gain issues because of the pill, but I know plenty of girls who have.

pumpkincat210

Quote:

Yup, they do. I was on Nuva Ring for months and gained some weight. Apparently even the low dose birth control pills make you gain too.

ruby_soho

I started Diane 35 last September and I gained about 10 lbs. My friend started Ortho Tri Cyclen and also gained around 10 lbs. I'm switching to Alesse because I read an article that Diane 35 shouldn't be used long term; hopefully I won't gain more weight from the transition
ssad.gif

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
I started Diane 35 last September and I gained about 10 lbs. My friend started Ortho Tri Cyclen and also gained around 10 lbs. I'm switching to Alesse because I read an article that Diane 35 shouldn't be used long term; hopefully I won't gain more weight from the transition
ssad.gif

i used alesse a long time ago and got sick from it. i just started to not feel good and stopped birth controls all together.

Scrangie

I'm with you on this.

I was a size 0 most of my life, until about 3 years ago... I somehow gained 25 lbs in 3 years. I eat right, excersize a few days a week... But my metabolism is DEAD. I have thyroid problems, but nothing really seems to help...

I feel huge... Everyone has made comments about how much I've gained...

My goal is at least a size 5. A size 3 and I'd be so happy.

litlaur

Quote:

I gained about 5 pounds when I was taking Mircette. I was actually happy for that bit of weight gain because I filled out and didn't have a boy figure anymore. But I recently switched to Depo because of other, very undesirable side effects.

I only got my first shot a little over a month ago. I'm hungry more often, but I've been eating the same size portions. I haven't really gained any weight yet, but, like I said, it's only been a little over a month.

My sister is also on Depo, has been for a while. She had trouble losing weight after she had her children, but recently has been losing weight. She's down from size 8 to 4/6. Her experience seems to be contrary to most women's, though.

dirtygirl

ruby_soho: don't feel too bad, i'm near you!

I have been dieting/working out for about 5 weeks now and have lost about 10 lbs. It's really hard, especially during the holidays, but I didn't want to wait until after because I know would i have just gained more. This year at the holidays, I didn't lose any weight, but i didn't gain any either!!
smiles.gif

I used to be so thin and pretty... The comfort of my relationship has really made me F A T, and i hate it. It's finally time to shut up and put up! I'm gunna take this weight off if it's the last darn thing i do! =P

besides, the shallow part of me misses being cute with my best friend and sharing clothes with her! hehe.

Gooooood luck ladies! It is an uphill battle! I hope we are all successful!

a914butterfly

and right now I'm at a size 3 - 5 but I would love to be a solid 3.--Christina Victoria

I'm so jelous of you Christina Victoria - im 37 yrs old and i havent seen that size since i was in 9th or 10th grade. i'd trade you in a heartbeat. im now a size 10 or 12 and not very happy and everyone tells me not to worry, it's cause i had 2 kids and my tummy is stretched out

Latest posts