Fluidlines - Dry or wet application?

jeanna

I bought my first ever (!) Fluidline today... Blacktrack! I read everyone's comments in the product review section and I have to say, it lives up to EVERYTHING everyone has said! It's great, by far the best eyeliner I've ever tried (and I've tried alot!)

My question is, am I supposed to apply it dry or wet? I applied it dry and it was fine, but I had to keep dipping my brush in a few times. Will wetting the brush help me use less without sacrificing the intensity of the colour? I don't want to ruin my brand new pot if I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance everyone!

PS. I plan on buying one of every colour
winks.gif

macmilf

i love fluidline! i currently have 5 of them and i want more! i always use it dry and it works like a charm everytime! i've tried it wet. i don't think u need to wet your brush since it's already a gel liner.

MacLover

I have 3 and plan on buying more. I've gotten one of the girls I work with changed over to fluidline!

I always use mine with a dry brush. I use 3 different brushes. Depending on what look I am going for that day.

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmilf
i love fluidline! i currently have 5 of them and i want more! i always use it dry and it works like a charm everytime! i've tried it wet. i don't think u need to wet your brush since it's already a gel liner.

true... thank you!!

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLover
I have 3 and plan on buying more. I've gotten one of the girls I work with changed over to fluidline!

I always use mine with a dry brush. I use 3 different brushes. Depending on what look I am going for that day.

Oh, I plan on changing everyone I know over to Fluidline!

The girl that was helping me sold me on the 266 brush, but I also have the 208. She sort of gave me the impression that the angled brushes were better for applying Fluidlines over the 209 eyeliner brush (but I think I'll buy it anyway
winks.gif
)

Thanks for the reply!

ms.marymac

I like the angle brushes with it too, I feel that the shape hugs the contours of the eye better, but that's just me.

cinnamongurlee

i like both wet and dry application with the fluidliners. it just depends on the situation and look i am going for.

lately i have been applying them with a lip brush (i know you all think i am crazy). i use the 316 and i get a super line, control, and i can adjust the thickness with pressure (brush length horizontal). if i want to use it as a wash, i just use the broad side to 'paint' over where i want the colour.

mac_obsession

Dry...I dont understand why you would want to do a cream wet. Id think it would be like runny..Just my opinion
greengrin.gif

I own ALL of them...and I love em all...Took me forever to get blue peep but I now have all of the colors.

singinmys0ng

sigh..i have to wait for like 4-6 wks they said till i get my fluidliners..all they had was the silver and purple..so i guess i have to wait a while for the blacktrack :-( I can't wait till then!!!

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Dry...I dont understand why you would want to do a cream wet. Id think it would be like runny..Just my opinion
greengrin.gif

I own ALL of them...and I love em all...Took me forever to get blue peep but I now have all of the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
This is exactly what I was thinking, they are already a gel, so why you need to wet them?

You're both right. I think that because it was my first time using the Fluidline, I didn't use enough and my application was crappy. I just needed to get used to it. I used it again today and it worked out really well. This time I used the 208 brush instead of the 266 and it made a huge difference, much more precise and even distribution of colour.

Thanks to everyone who replied! I really appreciate it
smiles.gif

Alison

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
This is exactly what I was thinking, they are already a gel, so why you need to wet them?

You're both right. I think that because it was my first time using the Fluidline, I didn't use enough and my application was crappy. I just needed to get used to it. I used it again today and it worked out really well. This time I used the 208 brush instead of the 266 and it made a huge difference, much more precise and even distribution of colour.

Thanks to everyone who replied! I really appreciate it
smiles.gif

It took me a ew tries to get the application down too. My problem was that I was using too much product and I ended up with this thick ugly black line. Now that I am used to it I can get a pretty thin line going. I have 2 right now (blacktrack and macroviolet) and I am considering getting a third.

archangeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongurlee
i like both wet and dry application with the fluidliners. it just depends on the situation and look i am going for.

lately i have been applying them with a lip brush (i know you all think i am crazy). i use the 316 and i get a super line, control, and i can adjust the thickness with pressure (brush length horizontal). if i want to use it as a wash, i just use the broad side to 'paint' over where i want the colour.

you're not crazy. the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush is actually shaped like a smaller version of the 316 head. I love that brush for my gel eyeliners - the control is incredible.

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongurlee

actually, the other day i used a slightly moistened lip brush to apply the fluidliner to my lower rims, and it's the perfect brush that i've found so far to do this job! the angled brushes, even one as small as the 208, is uncomfortable to use in this area and i always feel like i'm about to poke my eye out! thanks for the idea... unconventional, but very effective!