Freelancing . . .

KMFH

Hey guys, im wondering how freelancers are paid at MAC, as in like hour rates, or what? Im tryin to decide if i should accept a job there as that, or Estee Lauder as counter help. If anyone has ever worked there before also, do you know if they really ever get many opportunities to do full makeup jobs there, or is it pretty much all retail (which is not what i want)? TIA all, any help is greatly appreciated!

ms.marymac

At most of our events, the freelancers will watch the floor (we are usually set up somewhere in the store or out in the mall). Sometimes they do applications. Keep in mind that if the position is at a counter, the main focus is retail. The good thing is that you play with makeup to acheive retail sales.

giz2000

It's hourly...at the counters I work at, it's as if I am part of the regular staff (becaues I used to work at a counter before, I know the "counter drill" like the back of my hand)...I sell, do applications, the whole nine yards.

If you work hard, are reliable and get along with everyone, they'll call you all the time...you'll be turning assigments down!!!

Latest posts