Hair scare

Shawna

Ok, I spent two years growing out my pixie cut and I had a hair app't last night. My hair was down past my chin and cut in a wavy bob. I decided to get a short straight bob for the winter. I had a picture and everything for my hairdresser, but when I came out of there, all my hair was gone. WTF? I had a pic which clearly shows all one length hair, and now if I had a couple of neck bolts, I'd be a dead ringer for Frankenstein. I guess the cut is ok, but it is way shorter than what I wanted. Now I have to spend the next year growning it back. I'm premenstral and very frustrated right now. I better go buy a wig.
ssad.gif

melozburngr

awwww Shawna- Im sorry! I KNOW how bad it sucks to have a haircut you're not happy with. Us curly haired girls have the experience more than the straight haired chicas....I used to go to 'cheap' hair cut places- and no matter how many times I told them my hair naturally parted to the side, they would proceed to part down the center and hack away
smiles.gif
I always ended up with a ledge on one side... so hon, I totally feel your pain.
ssad.gif

I'm sure it looks great tho
smiles.gif
(not that it helps what I think
smiles.gif
)

Shawna

I sent my mom some pics and her comment was "I fucking love it" Sorry for the bad language. It was her words, not mine. Everyone else seems to love it too. I guess I just have to get used to it. I'm just having a bad week. Grrr.

so_siqqq

Before he/she cuts your hair physcially show how much you want cut off (like taking a piece of your hair and using your fingers to stop where you want the length to be). A picture just shows guidlines and the concept of the cut.

Also if you grow your hair out without regular trims your hair will have split ends and the ends will get brittle. That also may be the reason for your stylist to cut more than you wanted.

And a bad haircut seems bad at first but you'll grow to love it
smiles.gif
!

Shawna

Naw, she's been my stylist for 6 years. I did show her the length, but she does this special cut that enhances volume (kind of like razor cutting) and when she was done with that, then it was short. I am a freak about having it trimmed every 7 to 8 weeks so it couldn't have been from damage. It's ok, I'm getting used to it. And I love that it takes like 2 minutes to style. I'll post pics if I can ever figure out how to do it without the gallery.
ssad.gif

so_siqqq

I see. Yeah, razoring does take a little length off. But the payoff with razoring is that your hair will have more texture and movement.

I like it! To add more texture try using hair pomade or wax.

melozburngr

I think it is SO cute! I wish I could have my hair that length but for one- it would look goofy on me, and for too, I'd look like a poodle with as curly as my hair is
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Wow!! I just went through the same thing. I had been growing my hair out from a pixie cute. It was above my shoulders one length and I wanted some texture to it. I brought a pic of an inverted bob and I got Dudley Moore! It was terrible! So I told her to just cut it all off! I've been trying to grow it out all over again!! It's the first time I was ever upset about a haircut
ssad.gif

Shawna

Well now that I am over the initial shock, I love my short hair. It is so stinking easy to style, and now people are noticing my makeup because my hair isn't covering my face. Everyone seems to love the cut too (except for my husband who still hates it) I would like it maybe an inch longer so I can get some curl back in it, but otherwise I am happy.

MACreation

POOR SHAWNA
ssad.gif
It happens to all of us. I asked for a trim and got layers cut in it with a weird scissors the layers are a few inches apart, the short layer being above my ear...., and it is CRAZY ..all over the place ..out of control ..wavy wanna be curly hair to begin with. I am SOO mad, and I am trying to grow it back to at least the same length, i hate how some hair stylists think they can practice on customers....JEEZZ!!!!!!!

Latest posts